Destiny

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Destiny

Post by Winnow »

Destiny and Watch Dogs are terrible video games

Best thing about that article is the "KOO DAE-SUNG. PRETTY GOOD." video right in the middle of it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I guess if it's a terrible game then don't play it. I don't need to read someone elses opinion of how they feel about a game. I can make up my own mind.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The video, which has nothing to do with either game is pretty good!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Yeah, I picked up the season pass for this one, although I still kind of wonder why. I haven't really played it that much, heh.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I can't hear what you guys are saying over how much Destiny sucks.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

That's funny when you consider your earlier posts on the subject.

Haters gonna hate!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:That's funny when you consider your earlier posts on the subject.

Haters gonna hate!
Not my fault I woke up, and you're still stuck in the matrix!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Level 20 hit before work...well, level 22 I guess, when I put on some of the level 20 required gear that I had stored.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

House of Wolves is live!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Having fun with HoW so far. They made a few nice changes like upgrading (new expansion) weapons they start at 331 damage now and you just level them up for the perks. So you spend less time and glimmer to level them up. Also you can 'ascend' any legendary or exotic item to the highest max, 365 damage for weapons and 42 Light for armor, although the shards to do so aren't real plentiful unless you can get two other people to run the Prison of Elders missions. So for example a weapon from Vault of Glass would get less useful with each new expansion. Now you can bump them up to 365 damage like the new weapons instead of it being stuck at 300 forever. As soon as I get to level 34 on my characters I'll probably start upgrading a few choice weapons like Vision of Confluence.

While there is matchmaking on the level 28 PoE there isn't on the 32,34 and 35 and those are the ones you need to get the material to ascend things. There is now matchmaking on the weekly heroic strikes but there is still no matchmaking on the Nightfall missions which I can't understand why.

My main complaint so far is I am not a fan of the Treasure Keys to open the large loot chest when you win PoE. The drop rate on those is pretty bad.They aren't required though as there are two smaller chests as well and that's what gives you the material to ascend stuff.

It's still not a solo-friendly game for the higher level content but at least you only need 3 people now instead of the 6 you needed for a raid.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Managed to get my Titan to Light level 30 before logging last night by grinding out enough Vanguard faction to get a new BP. I do like that there seem to be different ways to go about gearing up, and I haven't raided yet. I think I have only done one Strike so far with a friend. Being able to do several of the missions on Heroic with him probably made a huge difference though.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The first thing every Tuesday you should do is the Nightfall strike. That gets you an XP modifier and also (usually) a legendary/exotic weapon or armor piece. Not to mention cool blue flames and stuff around your head! They are level 32 now so that will be a bit of a challenge at 30, since you'll have a damage penalty, but should be doable with a full team. I just finished the Nightfall solo and it was a bit of a pain. Not overly difficult just time consuming. Most of the original strikes have a "cheese" spot so it's good to find those in case you can't gather up one or two more people and need to solo things.

Then the second thing to do is the Heroic weekly strike to get you some Strange Coins. They used to be the same strike now they mixed them up so they different. They added matchmaking to this so it shouldn't be much of an issue to complete them. The reason to do this second is due to the modifier you get from the Nightfall. It applies to faction/vanguard gains as well as XP. However if you're not able to do the Nightfall that week for whatever reason that point is moot. Regardless, until you get a few SC saved up you should be sure to do this. If you have multiple characters it doesn't take long to add up since just from the Heroic strike you can get 27 coins if you do it on three characters on the hardest level setting but you can always do lower level ones they will just net less coins.

I would then try and complete the HoW story missions (which gets you a pretty decent sidearm weapon) if you haven't already and then do the Level 28 Prison of Elders. There is matchmaking here as well so shouldn't be too tough. You get one Treasure Key from completing the story missions but you have to farm for any additional ones. And the drop rate is pretty pathetic. That's the main thing about this expansion I don't like.. You have to farm for a key just for a chance at random loot from the big chest at the end. Not a fan!

Then if you can try to do a level 32 PoE mission. No matchmaking here so you'll need two other people and again will be rather tough at 30 so might not be an option currently. This should get you an armor core you can use to buy a 42 light armor item from Veriks (Chest this week but Strength stat only whaaaat?). Between that and an exotic item from Xur, if you have the coins, you should be able to get at least level 31. This should also get you an etheric light which you can use to ascend a weapon or armor item. If you're trying for level first then you'd probably want to use it on armor.

Oh and also use a browser addon such as Destiny Item Manager or, my personal preference between the two, Tower Ghost for Destiny. I think these two are also available on mobile platforms if that's your sort of thing although obviously they benefit from a larger screen on PC.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Will have to try out the Nightfall strike soon. I managed to get Light level 31, and I am almost fully geared with Legendary weapons/armor. I think the only piece I still need is a helm. I got to the end of the 1st DLC questline not long after Xur reset, so I will have to turn that in this weekend. A friend and I have been doing the Wolves quest line, and I think we are on the Prison of Elders step now. I am pretty sure I got a key from the last step we finished.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Got my first exotic from Prison of Elders last night. It was No Land Beyond, the sniper rifle that goes in the primary slot. Very.....interesting to use. We still haven't managed to do a Nightfall Strike yet, but we really haven't tried. We've been getting me caught up on the story missions and such, for the most part.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote:Got my first exotic from Prison of Elders last night. It was No Land Beyond, the sniper rifle that goes in the primary slot. Very.....interesting to use.
My condolences. That's probably the worst exotic in existence.
We still haven't managed to do a Nightfall Strike yet, but we really haven't tried. We've been getting me caught up on the story missions and such, for the most part
Still have until Tuesday. Should try to do since it's a relatively easy one! All three sections have a spot where you can just sit and nothing will bother you. Only real trouble you might have is with the captains and shanks with their annoying shields. If you don't have weapons with arc and fire it might not be doable.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

We managed to get through the first two sections last night before the two of us were spanked in the third area. Moved on to a clear up a few bounties after that. I think a third person with the right weapons would've been a real help. I had what was needed, but the arc/fire dmg types were not on the best weapons. With the two of us, we just focused on me staying in a "safe" spot sniping while he would move into the more dangerous areas to clear them faster. We'll probably be doing a couple runs for SC's tonight in order to buy from Xur.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

For the third area you can hide in the building on the left and go down the stairs halfway if you need to recover health or something. When the ships come and drop off enemies about 5 of them will be in the area underneath but if you stay on the stairs they don't bother you. You can move down and around the corner and take one or two out at a time if needed. Might put Sepkis in an area where you can't see him at times though. Can shoot him down below then you just have to be quick because will be enemies out there once the ship starts dropping them off.

For the walker guy you can stay on the building off to the left when you enter and he'll never even shoot at you as long as you're not up in the front half. Going to take a lot of ammo though if you don't have an icebreaker. Alternative area is up front on the right. He can shoot you in the tunnel with his beam blaster but you can move around the corner. Sometimes the trash enemies are in the vicinity though so not quite as safe. Is close though so can use other weapons besides a sniper rifle.

For the first area you can go right when you enter the main area and by the tanker car. Need to watch out for snipers and such but you can just move down further almost into the tunnel or to the left of the tank and you're safe.

Might be other areas but that's how I do that strike solo. Takes awhile but isn't that stressful. Icebreaker with unlimited ammo is key.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Yeah, he has Icebreaker, which was VERY nice. I was constantly out of ammo and waiting on cooldowns to regen it. We managed to get the walker, and I think it was just an unexpected wave or add that happened to kill us both in the end. We'll definitely do it again, but I want to get something better than a fusion rifle with Arc damage. I hate fusion rifles.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Managed to do the last Nightfall Strike once close to the reset time. This week's was MUCH easier. I am still doing them with one friend, and I don't think I would stand a chance solo with the gear I have now. Then again, I did only start playing a few weeks ago. My Titan is currently at Light level 32.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote:Managed to do the last Nightfall Strike once close to the reset time. This week's was MUCH easier. I am still doing them with one friend, and I don't think I would stand a chance solo with the gear I have now. Then again, I did only start playing a few weeks ago. My Titan is currently at Light level 32.
Yeah you need to get some elemental primaries but for that you're going to need to do the raids. I'd think Vault of Glass would be fairly easy at 32 if you know the mechanics (youtube!). You're going to have to meet new people or try one of the LFG sites (destinylfg.com and destinylfg.net) though since Bungie wont add matchmaking. Unfortunately on sites like that people always seem to want max level people with upgraded Gjallarhorn.

And this week was much easier. Probably took me 15-20 minutes to do it. I solo'd it on all three of my characters but all I got was lame drops. The Weekly heroic isn't too bad but the omnigul fight can take awhile if DPS is low. Now that Treasure Keys are supposedly easier to obtain you might want to add a few Prison of Elders runs in there.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

yeah, we've run the first PoE several times, but only had one key total. I think we're supposed to do one of the bounties to get one later this evening, if we aren't doing PvP most of the night.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Bit disgruntled with my clan recently so I decided to try out the destinylfg.com site for the first time. I did the Nightfall on all three characters along with a level 32 Prison of Elders with a different group and it seemed to turn out well. Got an armor core so got one character to 34 by buying the legs from Variks Hopefully I can do that this week on my other two characters to get them all to 34. That will save me from spending etheric light (got 4!) which I can use to upgrade some weapons. I also really want a Fatebringer so I might try that lfg site for a Vault of Glass run. I wonder if people still do those!

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I have no idea. I've only done stuff with the RL friend in Destiny. I saw that lfg site, but I have a very low tolerance level for stupid. I might be a bad player, but at least I ask questions and listen to the answers.

I wish there was matchmaking on the higher level vaults Prison missions. I didn't catch that as I queue'd us up the other night for one. Two-manning didn't last long, lol
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote:I have no idea. I've only done stuff with the RL friend in Destiny. I saw that lfg site, but I have a very low tolerance level for stupid. I might be a bad player, but at least I ask questions and listen to the answers.

I wish there was matchmaking on the higher level vaults Prison missions. I didn't catch that as I queue'd us up the other night for one. Two-manning didn't last long, lol
Yeah. Just level 28 has matchmaking which is lame. The lfg site is basically the same as matchmaking so you could get just as much stupid that way as if there was matchmaking. Which makes no sense why Bungie just doesn't add it as an option. I could see the level 35 one and maybe even the 34 but 32 should allow you to go in with randoms like 28 does. I'll give it another try as I had pretty good luck with it yesterday but I'm sure I'll run into some idiots eventually.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

First off, I suck in PvP for the most part. That said, I seem to do a lot better on my warlock than my titan, and I am not sure why. My gear sucks more, even though everything is normalized somehow in PvP. I can't jump for shit on the warlock, but I stay within the top couple slots in the scores. I do play mostly Control matches, and I am one of the few concentrating on actually capturing the control points.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Got 34 on my third character. Thanks detinylfg! Going to try it for level 34 PoE over the weekend which is a bit harder... Might see if anyone is doing Vault of Glass as well. I needs me a Fatebringer!

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Here's a crappy video of one of my PvP matches on the warlock. Think I managed to get him to 28 before I gave up for the night. I skipped all of the crappy stuff that the Share function recorded before the actual match started. Can get a good look at how shitty I am at jumping with the warlock too!

https://youtu.be/M1rurJ-sQL8?t=4m14s
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I did mention that I really suck....right? Everyone else must've really had a shitty game! :P
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Anyone getting The Taken King? I am not too thrilled about the price. I have done zero gaming in about two months now so not sure I will be getting this. No time!

Trailer!

I hope all the whiners about Dinklebot are happy since all the new dialog is Nolan North who also rerecorded the old dialog as well. Dinklebot will be gone forever, except from our hearts, in two weeks. I really hope they rewrote some of it as well since they are going through the trouble of a new recording. Some (most?) of the Ghost dialog was just not very good regardless of who would be delivering it.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

The expansion is a step in the right direction, but still a long way from what I was expecting and what it would take me to go back to that game. At this point, I expect it to have the amount of content and the amount of map space that A Realm Reborn did a year in, and it's not even close.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Patch 2.0 is out. As is Dinklebot (RIP)... and of course they didn't rewrite any of the terrible dialog so it sounds just as bad (despite the dumb article on Kotaku) regardless of who says it. Which is what I've said all along.

Other than that I spent about 6 hours playing. There are class quests that are about 3-4 parts that get you an item you can use at level 40. Picked up a new ghost shell because why not. Cleaned up my vault, character, and postmaster space due to the collection system for ships, vehicles, shaders and emblems making it easy to consolidate everything. In general just messed around mostly. I am still undecided on buying TTK but I probably will because, again, why not!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Live action trailer

Not as good as the original one though.
Last edited by Aslanna on September 10, 2015, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

My Warlock, who was 32 for a long while now got to 34 within about 30 minutes of playing on Tuesday.

The amount of defense on some of the bonds are outright weird. A piece I got in the Prison of Elders is 3 defense where a random blue I have is 180. It's very odd.

I've already pre-ordered The Taken King and I have the day off on Tuesday. I'll be blasting through the content with a few friends.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:My Warlock, who was 32 for a long while now got to 34 within about 30 minutes of playing on Tuesday.
Yeah nice that leveling is now tied to actual XP and not gear. Withholding judgement until I see how long it takes to get to 40 and a reasonable light level.
Animalor wrote:I've already pre-ordered The Taken King and I have the day off on Tuesday.
I still haven't. But probably will. I took a two month break from gaming in general so looking to get back into something.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote:
Animalor wrote:My Warlock, who was 32 for a long while now got to 34 within about 30 minutes of playing on Tuesday.
Yeah nice that leveling is now tied to actual XP and not gear. Withholding judgement until I see how long it takes to get to 40 and a reasonable light level.
This develop speed kinda feels like when MMO betas used to accelerate the XP gain to test the content. Way too fast imo.

Wasn't TTK supposed to reset everyone to 25?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Think it is just supposed to let people boost to 25 after release.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

YOU HAVE BECOME LEGEND

Congratulations, Guardian. Your quest is complete!

You have earned the Laurea Prima emblem. Display it proudly as evidence that you were a player of Destiny during the first year of our shared adventure, and that you never shied away from a fight.

This emblem will belong to you, and those like you. It will be your keepsake from the launch year of Destiny. Thank you for playing, and for overcoming the most challenging feats of skill and cunning that we have created.

See you in Year Two!
Yay. 2 days to spare!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

:vv_sleep:
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Never even tried a few of the steps, but I didn't even start playing until.....May, I think?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote::vv_sleep:
No emblem for you!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

My heart. It's broken.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

3VF-LGC-RLX
Code for a new emblem available 9-15
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:My heart. It's broken.
I can tell!

Did you know you're known as the Cabal Conqueror?!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Learn something new every day, I guess. Surprised how many things I'm in the top 2-10% for, must be a lot of really shitty Destiny players.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Indeed. And now Oryx is coming for you!

However there is supposedly 20 million players, at one time or another, so being in the top ten is still 2 million people.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I was in top 50 (players not percent) in Dragon's Dogma! That's my only claim to fame for national rankings.

On topic, what makes this game fun? I'm curious because the story wasn't very good and graphics were average (textures etc) when I tried it. Is it loot driven or level driven? What's the addicting part that brings you back?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:On topic, what makes this game fun? I'm curious because the story wasn't very good and graphics were average (textures etc) when I tried it. Is it loot driven or level driven? What's the addicting part that brings you back?
Graphics: I think you're talking nonsense. The graphics are quite good. Obviously they could have been better if it hadn't launched on PS3/360 as well but even then I think they did a good job and I don't have many complaints there. Earth is kinda brown and blah, Mars is red and doesn't have much diversity, but Venus? Not sure how people can think those graphics look bad.

Story: The story is lacking* but I really don't get the big complaint. What was the story in EverQuest? Nobody even knows! It was about leveling and getting phat lewts and just fun in general. If you are the sort of person that MUST have a complete story presented to you in the game from day one then yes Destiny may not be the game for you.

What's addicting: Shooting (or punching) aliens in the face! Well once you get to max level, either level or light, there hasn't been a whole lot to do especially for the strictly solo player. I think TKK is supposed to mix it up a bit with how the new public event works but I'll have to experience it myself to see how that works out. It's really more of a social thing and if you are in a clan or have multiple friends that play you'll probably always have something to do and you won't really care that you've done the same thing 20 times already. I killed Crota 36 times on my Titan! But that's not much different than doing an EQ raid 50 times even after you've gotten the drop(s) you wanted.

* in-game. For those who care to get more details on things they need to look at the Grimoire cards via web browser. It would have been nice if when you got a grimoire card you also got an audio clip in game to go along with it but there is a story for those willing to spend a few minutes looking. And they will be adding more to it as they go along.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: Graphics: I think you're talking nonsense. The graphics are quite good. Obviously they could have been better if it hadn't launched on PS3/360 as well but even then I think they did a good job and I don't have many complaints there. Earth is kinda brown and blah, Mars is red and doesn't have much diversity, but Venus? Not sure how people can think those graphics look bad.
All I saw was the quake 2 looking brown tones of Earth which didn't inspire much. From what I recall, the textures seem low and the level design a little blocky. Maybe Venus level design is a more colorful and creative design.
Aslanna wrote: Story: The story is lacking* but I really don't get the big complaint. What was the story in EverQuest? Nobody even knows! It was about leveling and getting phat lewts and just fun in general. If you are the sort of person that MUST have a complete story presented to you in the game from day one then yes Destiny may not be the game for you.
EQ had a story. The deep lore may not have been that great but the various zones, races and factions were all memorable. 15 years later I can still remember and visualize the layout and navigation of the original and Kunark expansion. The boss mobs were all memorable.

A game has to have at one of these: Interesting characters, great loot system (Borderlands), great leveling system, rewarding exploration or really fun combat.

I'm assuming Destiny has a good loot system like Borderlands with weapons.

From Forbes:
What’s fueling the hype machine for Destiny and The Taken King, in my eyes, is that this is many console players first true taste of an MMO, or at least one they could really sink their teeth into.

You can call Destiny an FPSMMORPG if you want, as it combines elements from all three genres, but simply acknowledging that at the present moment, it kind of defines classification is probably just fine as well. Many MMO players are probably looking at Destiny fans getting crazily excited for The Taken King and saying “Why is this such a big deal? We’ve been getting these kinds of expansions for years.”

But the truth is, most console players haven’t.
That's good for console players but you people are MMORPG PC vets.
This is the ultimate appeal of Destiny. It’s just so playable. Anyone who has any experience with a modern shooter, ie. those who have owned a console in the past decade, can pick up a controller and start killing. And that killing feels great, thanks to Bungie’s unparalleled design that combines the look, sound and feel of the simple act of shooting an alien enemy into one of the most satisfying experiences in gaming.

The rest follows. Yes, Destiny’s story is incomprehensible, but it’s expanding over time and “mystery hunting” has turned into a favorite pastime among the game’s fans, speculating about the history and future of the game because so precious little is actually found within.
What is "mystery hunting"?
Combat is leagues simpler than most MMOs with only three classes and two skill trees for each (now three in The Taken King). Each character really only has four moves. Shooting whatever gun they’re holding, a melee attack, a grenade and a super attack, and 95% of the time, shooting a gun is all you’ll be doing.

The same goes for the activities. There are a quite a few, but they’re all pretty easy to understand concepts. Patrol allows for the most casual experience, simply roaming around Bungie’s worlds killing and exploring. Story missions are structured the way you’d expect from any Halo game of the past fifteen years. Strikes are tougher, forced co-op missions. The Crucible is the multiplayer deathmatch mode that draws on Bungie’s competitive expertise. Raids, the hardest activity to organize, require only six people, not 40 as you’d see in many MMOs.

Destiny’s simplicity is deceptive, however. You can technically probably do every activity the game has to offer once in the course of 20 to 30 hours. But it’s one of the most replayable games on the market, which is why players have sunk thousands of hours into the same levels, the same Strikes, the same Raids, since launch, and why new content is something to get unreasonably excited about.
What drives the replayability? Better stats on weapon drops? The article mentions it's "one of the most replayable games" but doesn't say why.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Destiny just STILL isn't the game they had me believing it would be leading up to release. I want a Bungie designed MMO shooter, and this is far from it. The MMO aspects that are there are grossly oversimplified to appeal to a larger crowd, and that's just part of what doesn't do it for me.

The grind is there in destiny just like it is in any MMO, but last I checked they hadn't got the grind right. Gear should be done exactly like it is in games like WoW and FF14 - chance of gear dropping from every dungeon/raid encounter, with some kind of currency that you earn at a consistent and highly predictable pace that you could then buy equivalent gear with instead. Instead you get random drops that you then grind to level up, although leveling up gear and weapons takes so obscenely long that you soon lose the drive to get new gear as there's no way you'll ever be able to level most of it to the point that it's actually usable.

It should have text chat, this is just simply inexcusable. The story, lore, etc is fucking trash; this might have been excusable for EQ, but that game was driving a new genre on its own and accomplished a lot in its own right. That path has already been beaten now, and there's no real excuse for this to be lacking, especially from a developer like Bungie who has proven, at least in the past, that they are able to form an interesting and coherent story.

They are at least making some moves in the right direction as of late, namely making leveling independent of gear, which was one of the dumbest fucking game design ideas ever, hands down.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:The grind is there in destiny just like it is in any MMO, but last I checked they hadn't got the grind right. Gear should be done exactly like it is in games like WoW and FF14 - chance of gear dropping from every dungeon/raid encounter, with some kind of currency that you earn at a consistent and highly predictable pace that you could then buy equivalent gear with instead. Instead you get random drops that you then grind to level up, although leveling up gear and weapons takes so obscenely long that you soon lose the drive to get new gear as there's no way you'll ever be able to level most of it to the point that it's actually usable.
Pretty sure that's been changed with TKK. Plus it takes into account the loot you have so there is less chance of getting something you already have.

"Obscenely long" to level up gear? What game were you playing? Leveling up gear is stupidly easy/quick if you do bounties so I really don't know why that's a complaint. It basically takes like 2 days to level up a legendary item. Maybe a day or two more for an exotic.

Do you even Destiny, brah?

--