Destiny

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: Destiny

Post by Boogahz »

Make more friends! ;)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, I get it for the raid, but for the weekly nightfall it doesn't make sense.

Gear is starting to get fleshed out. I bought exotic gauntlets off of xur yesterday, and two pieces of legendary armor off the vanguard. Got me to level 26, so now I want to try and do the nightfall too.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Yeah, I get it for the raid, but for the weekly nightfall it doesn't make sense.
There's a weekly Heroic Strike and a weekly Nightfall strike. Neither one of those have matchmaking. For what reason I can only guess. And those are the best ways to earn Strange Coins. So... lameo supremeo.
Gear is starting to get fleshed out. I bought exotic gauntlets off of xur yesterday, and two pieces of legendary armor off the vanguard. Got me to level 26, so now I want to try and do the nightfall too.
I'm close to 27. Would go over if I had ascendant shards to upgrade my items but I can tell those are going to be a bottleneck.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I was able to solo the Heroic Strike (Phogoth) but it involved a massive amount of cheesing. But I'll manage to live with myself. No matchmaking, no care. Getting to him was the hard part as that door with the 3 phases was no fun.

The bounty board guy gave me a exotic bounty quest so I picked the fusion rifle one. It might take awhile to finish it as it involves dismantling 10 rare or higher fusion rifles. Blue+ fusion rifles don't grow on trees! Which is annoying because it's going to sit taking up one of the 5 bounty slots until I finish it.

I have all legendary items (and exotic Chest item) except for my head item. I'll probably pick that up from the vanguard merchant next week if I don't find it some other way in the meantime.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Lucky! I've been waiting for an exotic bounty but nothing so far. How did you get phogoth solo? I did it with some friends, then we tried to do it on level 26 and couldn't get past the room you mentioned. The other two were only level 24 at the time, so hopefully next week we can pull it off. I also just need one more legendary (boots) and will buy that from the vanguard merchant this week, that should get me to 27.

I can't decide if I'm going to spend my motes of light on a class item from the speaker or the exotic chest engram from xur. I have shitty luck, and I already have exotic gauntlets so I'm leaning towards class item at this point.

Someone made a site to find groups on, btw. Haven't really used it yet but it seems like a lot of people are, http://www.destinylfg.com .
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:How did you get phogoth solo? I did it with some friends, then we tried to do it on level 26 and couldn't get past the room you mentioned.
That's where the cheesing comes into play. When you get the Ghost deployed and enemies start spawning you can run out the door and they wont follow you except for the thrall sometimes. You can stay out there and get most of them or just run out there when you get low on health. The main exception is on the third phase where the 4 wizards spawn. They will actually chase you out into the hallway so you have to move all the way to the previous room if you need to get away. If you have a team and keep dying you can always have one person hang back that way the event wont reset since all three guardians will never be dead... just two.

Rest of the way there is uneventful. Only really have to clear the room with the chain hanging down and the ogre due to the thrall ganging up on you but it may be possible to just run past. After that the next big room (before the 2 Hallowed Knights) I ran though and also ran past the knights and then you're at Phogoth. Open the door, stay in that room, and shoot all the enemies around him. Thrall will run at you (as usual) and some yellow knights will come hassle you eventually once they are dead start blasting the boss. However in that room, as an anti-camping measure (once Phogoth breaks his chains), a wizard and shrieker spawn but if you go back to the previous room they despawn after 10 seconds or so. Once they do that go blast Phogoth some more then when they spawn again (fairly quickly) go back until the despawn. Towards the end though I crouched down in the room before the shrieker and there was a small sliver where I could still see Phogoth so I just shot him until he was dead.

Certainly not as fun as doing it the non-cheesing way with a team but it got the job done. I expect it to probably be patched so that the shrieker doesn't despawn and that the rock in that room is made bigger so you can't shoot him through the crack.

Also something I learned if you run out of all three types of ammo it refills automatically! Not sure that's common knowledge or not but I wasn't aware of that. I've seen it happen a few times previous but didn't really put two and two together.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I managed to pick up a few pieces of legendary gear over the weekend. 1 machine gun and a chest piece.
I got the Vanguard L2 and bought boots from the guy in town.

I'm in the edge of hitting 26 however those stupid Ascendant Shards are my bottleneck as well.

I managed to max out my weekly Vanguard Marks and didn't have any PvE bounties available so I hit the Crucible last night to build that up and make more effective use of my time.

I found a plan for a ship of all things yesterday and had the shipwright build it. Didn't think those would be drops.

Having a lot of fun playing this game. Now all I need is a steady group to try and get through those weekly strikes and the raids.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:I found a plan for a ship of all things yesterday and had the shipwright build it. Didn't think those would be drops.
Yeah I've gotten three of those so far. I switched out my legendary collectors edition one for Rope to Heaven. I like it's nose! From a wiki I saw there are (at least) 8 of them.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I got one that's not on that list, "Aurora Lance". I didn't even know they dropped, seems to be pretty rare.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:I got one that's not on that list, "Aurora Lance". I didn't even know they dropped, seems to be pretty rare.
I think that's one of the other ones I have along with "Quite Content Damsel".

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Another Heroic Weekly Strike soloed! It was easier than last weeks but it took longer. I died a couple times but once I figured a few things out it was cake. Yes yes.. Cheesecake.. so what!

I also did one of the Queen Missions that was labeled 'Very Hard'. It wasn't. Although a Hobgoblin did one-shot me which was rude. I I don't know if it's different every time but I ended up doing the Vex Lord eye one on Venus. The outdoor ones seem to be easier in general as you have more room to maneuver. Anyway I got a legendary chest item from it

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:I'm in the edge of hitting 26 however those stupid Ascendant Shards are my bottleneck as well.
Do the Queen missions. You can do one for each Queen bounty you complete. Apparently you get a guaranteed legendary item each time. Reclaim it and you get 2 ascendant shards. Profit!

I got a legendary head item from that which put me over 27. 28 should be easy enough to get if I do a few of these a day just for the shards so I can upgrade my existing items.

The missions you get are random so if you get one you don't like just return to orbit and try again.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, I'll probably do those just because it'll be easy to level your gear all up. I'm getting kinda down on this game, but don't feel like going into why right now, more on that later.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Yeah, I'll probably do those just because it'll be easy to level your gear all up. I'm getting kinda down on this game, but don't feel like going into why right now, more on that later.
Just like I do in most mmo/rpg type games I powered my way though fairly hardcore. I hit 28 yesterday so I'll probably ease back on the number of hours spent in this game. I don't do PVP and no real interest in raids. And the fact there's no matchmaking in the Heroic/Nightfall strikes is annoying. Pretty much down to "maintenance mode" which is fine for me since I don't really want to spend 3 hours a day playing Destiny. I've been neglecting other games the past couple weeks!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So much for upgrading gear. Really no incentive to keep doing those so that frees up my weekend!
From today's hot fix: "Material rewards for dismantling Queen's Wrath gear will no longer provide ascendant materials, but missions will continue to drop Legendary items."
"Loot cave" also got the kibosh.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Loot cave needed to go. The change to the Queens thing is stupid, they effectively gave people a tiny little bone, then yanked it away and cracked them across the face with it.

-The PvP is damn near irreparably unbalanced. It's literally so bad it's not even worth trying to go into why.
-The story is almost non existent.
-They've hurt the game with their insistence on arguing semantics. The game IS an MMO, but is missing two vital parts: sufficient content, and fucking social aspects. -There needs to be chat for strike teams, etc or there needs to be matchmaking for all of the content. One or the other.
-There needs to be more weapon variety in something other than exotics.
-There needs to be a more reliable way to obtain ascendant materials. I'm not saying there needs to be a faster way, just more reliable.
-Time/Risk vs. reward in strikes (weekly, nightfall), and raids is way out of balance.
-Boss fights (aside from the raid) are not unique. They are the same enemy types with more hitpoints, it's more annoying than challengin.
-Tying leveling to luck in the form of gear being what levels you was stupid. They could make leveling take longer and the gear harder to obtain - people would still grind for the gear at max level. The fact that I've got sixty something hours of played time and am level 26 and a friend that's got in 32 hours of playtime got to level 27 before me is a joke.

They built a beautiful world with a good solid foundation of mechanics, but there is no soul to the game. There is no reason to keep playing the game after a few weeks already, if you beat the raid you've got no reason to keep playing. To get better gear you say? For what - that's it for the content.

In all honesty, it feels like a LOT of content was pulled out to be used as DLC later because of Activision's involvement. They're going to need to add a significant amount of content and work on a lot of the other issues within the next few months or this game will be a ghost town until a few DLC packs down the road. The second game won't fare well either if the situation isn't rectified.

It's not un-fixable by any means, but I'm losing my confidence that they'll pull it off all the same. The only reason I'm still playing at this point is lack of desire to play anything else that's out right now.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote: -The PvP is damn near irreparably unbalanced. It's literally so bad it's not even worth trying to go into why.
-The story is almost non existent.
-They've hurt the game with their insistence on arguing semantics. The game IS an MMO, but is missing two vital parts: sufficient content, and fucking social aspects. -There needs to be chat for strike teams, etc or there needs to be matchmaking for all of the content. One or the other.
-There needs to be more weapon variety in something other than exotics.
-There needs to be a more reliable way to obtain ascendant materials. I'm not saying there needs to be a faster way, just more reliable.
-Time/Risk vs. reward in strikes (weekly, nightfall), and raids is way out of balance.
-Boss fights (aside from the raid) are not unique. They are the same enemy types with more hitpoints, it's more annoying than challengin.
-Tying leveling to luck in the form of gear being what levels you was stupid. They could make leveling take longer and the gear harder to obtain - people would still grind for the gear at max level. The fact that I've got sixty something hours of played time and am level 26 and a friend that's got in 32 hours of playtime got to level 27 before me is a joke.

They built a beautiful world with a good solid foundation of mechanics, but there is no soul to the game. There is no reason to keep playing the game after a few weeks already, if you beat the raid you've got no reason to keep playing. To get better gear you say? For what - that's it for the content.
Glad to see you coming around. I don't mind loot whoring games but there's a major difference between Borderlands and Destiny. Borderlands has tons of fun and interesting characters to go along with the loot. Destiny seems to have been made by heartless robots filling squares. A game needs to be interesting besides having the mechanics. It's an empty shell.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

There was nothing wrong with the Loot Cave! At least with current reward system that was in place. I like all the forum posts saying "That's not how you're supposed to play the game". Excuse me.. Who are you to tell someone how to play a game? Play it the way you want and let other people do the same. Then there are the people saying it was an "exploit". From what I understand (could be wrong!) their fix was to increase the spawn time from 6 seconds to 40. So killing critters spawning every 40 seconds isn't an exploit but when they spawn every 6 seconds it is? Bad game design sure but an exploit? Nay. Regardless of what Bungie says. They called it an "economy exploit". Uh.. What economy does Destiny have? You can't trade items.. The only economy is farming or grinding shit.

- PVP.. No loss for me.

- Story not a big deal. I think it's fine for what's there. Obviously there will be more story revealed in expansions and such so yeah it does make the current one feel a bit incomplete. It still has more story than EQ had!

- As far as social aspects:
Our vision for Destiny is that all players, even matchmade players in the Crucible, Strikes, the Tower or public spaces, be able to communicate with one another in a way that promotes positive socialization. Voice communication is the easy answer, but existing voice paradigms, including those in our own Halo games, have not done enough to protect players from abusive griefing from a minority of players.

Destiny's near-term solution will be to allow players to opt-in to voice communication during matchmade activities. Work on this feature was underway at launch and should be rolled out this year in Strikes and the Crucible.
Unfortunately no word on matchmaking for the weekly missions. So don't look for that anytime soon. I think that's a big miss. I don't want it to be mandatory since they can be fun/challenging to try soloing but you should be able to opt-in for matchmaking on those.

- Variety is the spice of life!

- Apparently you can earn ascendant shards fairly quickly in raids.. But that excludes people who don't raid. Such as myself.

- Reward for most activities that I've done has been shitty. Most of the time I got no rewards which was a slap in the face! This is where the loot cave filled in. If you'd get engrams or a chance at decent loot for finishing a mission that would be a step in the right direction. I know you can get stuff in the matchmade Strikes but not in the weekly missions. Sure you get strange coins the first time you do it but after that... No incentive to keep doing it.

- More HP and adds = more fun.. amirite?!

- It's more like a gearscore at that point than anything else. They just decided to try and get fancy about it. Not sure that was the best decision.

Oh and of course Winnow comes to bash on it. Saw that coming!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

The problem with the loot cave is PvP. People doing that max out the experience on their weapons and get upgrade materials much faster and get an edge. It's a minor edge, but in PvP fps that's all it takes.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience. These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.

Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.

Cryptarch Changes

Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.

Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

Activity Changes

Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards
Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let's be honest—even if you don't, we all know they were blues already...
Still no matchmaking for Heroic/Nightfall strikes but it's progress I guess. Always awesome getting green items when turning in legendary engrams.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The Apple guy talked more about Destiny than about my iPhone when I picked it up earlier today. He seemed to like it but he was playing with a group of 10 people and said you can only group 3 at a time which sucked for them. He also had never played an MMO before so Destiny probably seemed better than it is because he hasn't experienced a game with an actual story of interesting characters etc. (and still hasn't!) It's probably a step up from CoD though.

I was listening to Rebel FM (gamer podcast) and another good point/comparison was made between Borderlands and Destiny. With Borderlands, the loot explodes from enemy's, chests, etc and is interesting while Destiny has little boring green box loot with boring loot, you might miss if you aren't paying attention, that may lead to some decent armor/weapon. I kind of laugh when I think back to the PS4 E3 presentation where all of the Bungie guys looked like stiff trees standing on stage. It seems they can take a technical list of things and put them into a game but have no passion or creative abilities to make those things interesting.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I am not really sure the point of your post. Apparently you already have your mind made up and just go looking for reviews that back up your position. I have 100 hours in Destiny now so I don't need to consult with some podcast, or internet forum, to see how I should feel about the game.

I also don't see the point in trying to compare Destiny with Borderlands.
---

I managed to solo the Nightfall strike. I died 2-3 times at the start with the 3 servitors as I was trying to rush it too much but after that it wasn't too bad although there were a couple of close calls. Soloing Nightfall means you only get one shot at it because when you die you go back to orbit since there is nobody around to revive you. As a reward I got an exotic auto rifle (Monte Carlo). I bought the Suros the other day for from Xur so will just give the new one to another character. Hopefully auto rifles don't get nerfed too badly in one of the upcoming patches.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Nice work! I solod the weekly on 28, but I did the nightfall with friends. My self revive definitely makes those things a little more forgiving. I couldn't decide if I was going to buy the Suros from the vendor or not, and then I ended up getting it as my reward when we beat the nightfall.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

exploding loot or gtfo!

Looks like several people on this board have spent many hours on this game, so despite it's drawbacks, it's addicting enough to keep your attention.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It definitely isn't a perfect game but for me it's a solid 8/10. Hopefully they listen to player feedback and improve things over time. No argument from me that it needs some more content for the end game as it's doing a lot of the same things over and over.

Anyway, loot 'explodes' from (some) enemies in the form of a colored engram. There's no LOOTSPLOSION!! like on Borderland bosses but that's fine. Destiny items you upgrade via xp so it would make no sense replacing them every 10 minutes other than during the initial leveling when you outgrow items fairly quickly.

--
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

PC or it didn't happen
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

mfw
[Show]
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I did the raid over the weekend. I decided to hop on the forum late Saturday night and found a group looking for one more right away. Everyone else had clearly been through it already, so I suppose I got carried. It was tough, but really not that bad. We beat it and then tried to do hard mode, which didn't end well - we were all level 28 with one 29, and that just wasn't enough - things were killing us in 2-3 shots tops.

Was fun, I got raid gloves, a legendary auto-shotgun, the chatterwhite shader, and a ton of shards/energy. I'll do it again this week.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I did the raid last weekend as well. Ended p with a Legendary Shotty, Sniper Rifle, Chest Armour and the Chatterwhite as well.

I don't recall getting much Ascendant Materials though. It's a fun raid.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I completed the raid also although I got zero drops which was pretty weak. Ascendant materials and stuff but I'd rather have gotten at least one raid armor piece. They did the 'glitch' way which I guess is getting patched this week. Along with randomizing who goes through the portals which I'm not sure why that is necessary.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, the randomization of who goes through is shitty. It's going to make groups super picky about who they take, and will lead top a l8tr of groups that can't finish the Atheon fight.

I bought two exotic chest engrams from xur, and got chest items for both other classes. Pissed me off pretty bad, but I guess it helped get my titan to 24.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I made it to 29 on my Hunter but am maxed out now without raid armor so now I just do a public event and the daily heroic mission on 28 and throw in the Nightfall on Tuesday or Wednesday so it's not a huge time commitment.

I also started a Warlock and I made it to 25 without much difficulty based on stuff I had in storage already but ran out of upgrade materials. Goal on that is to get to at least 26-27 so then I should be able to do level 28 stuff (maybe) and get 9 extra coins a week so 18 total between the two characters. I might do the same with a Titan but that's starting to get into timesink territory running all that stuff three times a week.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I haven't been upgrading my gear, since I'll just need to do it all over again with raid gear anyhow. I have raid gloves, but as a sunsinger warlock I can't really use them to replace sunbreakers until I get the Praxic Heart of Fire chest armor, which at this rate could be a while. I'm hoping I get some new raid armor soon (I've got the gloves all three times I've done the raid now). I did get a machine gun last week also, and a rare ship out of the spirit bloom chest.

I'm basically thinking of doing the same thing with my titan, and if I decide to level a hunter as well I have two legendaries and an exotic chest waiting as well. Haven't decided if I will or not, though. I just wish the process of transferring weapons between characters wasn't so painful (due to loading screens).
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I got a Warlock and a Titan now to 28 as well. It wasn't too bad other than having to go through the story missions (cutscenes) yet again. I had exotic and legendary armor in the bank so put that on once you hit 20 and you're 24-25 already.

I've done the raid a few times including today after the 'fix' and managed a Vision of Confluence and also some legs last week. The random people getting teleported isn't bad however I had no clue what to do with the relic so my reasoning was as long as there were 5 other people that knew what to do I was covered. It seemed to work out. We probably wiped about 10 times on Atheon. I still don't think it was a necessary change though. Maybe on hard mode perhaps but it was fine as it was for Normal.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, I'm just missing a legendary helmet on my titan to get to 28 there, I actually got a legendary set of boots and a legendary class item for titan (on my warlock) from blue engrams last night. Was surprising, but nice after getting screwed two weeks in a row by the nightfall reward.

I haven't done the raid yet this week, I typically do it over the weekend. I'm going to give it a shot, but generally speaking I've decided I'm done with the fail shit, and if I get in a group that can't quickly clear shit (I'm talking like 1-2 wipes max to account for glitchy shit that happens on Atheon) I'll leave the group and either find one that can or say fuck it. I have no interest in teaching people the mechanics, or carrying people, and I have no interest in spending any more time on the raid than is absolutely necessary. The change just made it that much more likely that I'll just say fuck it and forget about the raid (and consequentially, the game overall).
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

On December 9, The Dark Below — the first downloadable expansion for Destiny — will arrive across all supported platforms. With all-new weapons and gear, story quests, multiplayer arenas, a challenging new cooperative Strike, six-player Raid, and more, The Dark Below will broaden the Destiny universe and give players new opportunities to evolve their Guardian.

In The Dark Below, a new character Eris will arrive at the Tower to deliver an ominous warning: that The Hive plans to summon a powerful god, Crota, to destroy Earth. Through three new story quests, The Will of Crota Strike, and the Crota’s End Raid, players will fight to uncover and eliminate The Hive’s forces and save humanity. As players progress, they’ll have an opportunity to earn all-new weapons, armor, and gear for their Guardian, including Legendary and Exotic items. What’s more, The Dark Below will raise the maximum Light Level to 32 and introduce five additional Bounty slots.

The expansion will also add three new competitive multiplayer maps. Set in a Vex temple within the Black Garden, Pantheon features tight corridors and Vex-designed landscapes, while in Skyshock players will battle in an interplanetary defense array across both vehicle and infantry engagements. Finally, The Cauldron is housed within an abandoned Hive ritual site for frenetic, tight-quarters combat. Those on PlayStation platforms will gain access to an additional cooperative Strike dubbed The Undying Mind and more as an exclusive until Fall 2015.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yawn. I'm starting to think once Dragon Age and the other November games come out, I'll be mostly done with Destiny.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I don't play Destiny so i don't know if this sale is good but I do take advantage of sales in War Thunder so will post this in case it's not well publicized:

http://kotaku.com/psa-the-best-gun-in-d ... 1679923019

Some gun is on sale
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Ice Breaker is one of the best weapons and yes Xur has only sold it once, many (many!) weeks ago. This gun basically makes the Juggler modifier on missions moot. So if you have the coins there's no reason not to get it. I already have one but will probably pick up two more for my other characters as that's mainly the one I put in the vault to swap between characters. Plus I have close to 300 coins and nothing to spend them on so why not!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I haven't played this for quite a while now, but I still check most weeks to see what xur has on sale, far as I can tell the Warlock sunsinger chest armor is the only item in the game he hasn't sold. It's the piss icing on the dogshit game that is Destiny for me.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Haters gonna hate!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Destiny / 18 Feb 2015
Destiny Player Solos Crota's End Raid on Hard

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/18/ ... hard?watch

Game is too easy!

This reminds me of when EQ players (shaman of course!) started soloing Nagafen and other dragons.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Doing that is not easy. When more than 1 person out of 10 million can do it sure. I'm sure there will be more in the future but the percentage of players who will be able to do this will definitely be <1%. Guaranteed!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:I haven't played this for quite a while now, but I still check most weeks to see what xur has on sale, far as I can tell the Warlock sunsinger chest armor is the only item in the game he hasn't sold.
He's selling it today. You should buy it!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

:lol:

I haven't played this game since Nam. I'd guess at this point that armor isn't that great anymore.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote::lol:

I haven't played this game since Nam. I'd guess at this point that armor isn't that great anymore.
It's been updated so is max light 36.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Up to level 11 playing mostly with a friend on my titan. There is something satisfying about just throat-punching mobs as I run around the corner they're hiding behind. I don't have much when it comes to gear yet, so splatting is a common occurence. If there is a trophy/achievement for rezzing people, my friend should have it multiple times already!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I played a bit a while back, was barely able to keep myself awake through the hour and a half of content they added with the first expansion, and put it back on the shelf.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

11! I skipped playing this week. Got other things to do but will be back next week for House of Wolves.

--