Top Gear not going anywhere!

Cars, Autos, Horseless Carriage, Wheeled Buggy -- whatever you want to call them. Talk about them here!
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Top Gear not going anywhere!

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

I don't know if you've been following the rumor mill, but there's been quite a lot of debate about the future of Top Gear.

After the final episode of the shortened spring season (shortened due to Richard Hammonds nasty accident), a voiceover announced that Top Gear would be back in the summer.

Welp, Clarkson caused a bit of worry when he wrote this in his column:
After last week's Top Gear, the continuity announcer said the show would be back in the summer. Can I just say, here and now, it won't be.
A BBC spokesperson said that
Top Gear is coming back. There will be a special in the summer and a new series in the autumn.
But with several Clarkson documentaries in pre- and post-production, concern was that he was wanting to go elsewhere. His series on great engineering (particularly Isambard Kingdom Brunel) have been very successful, both with critics and audiences, and the one-off docs about the Victoria Cross and about Operation Chariot are really great to watch.

Finally we have news though!

Apparently the confusion was about the summer special which (according to completely unsubstantiated rumors) were the cause of a bit of a contractual spat between Clarkson and the BBC. The show will be on again in autumn, just without the summer special.
Everyone seems to think the programme is finished or that I've left.

"Well, sorry to disappoint you all but it isn't and I haven't. Top Gear... will be back in the autumn.
May I just say: Yay.

Clarkson is like a fatter Simon Cowell but with cars, a healthy dose of self -deprecative humor and without the smug-git syndrome.
Last edited by Drolgin Steingrinder on March 22, 2007, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Al
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Al »

I love that show, and I am happy as a perv in a whore-house that it will be back. Clarkson knows his cars (he's a Doctor!), and without him the show would be seriously lacking.
Sendarie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sendarie »

Same here...best car show I've ever seen. I watch religiously when I get the chance.
Sendarie
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Ditto. Much love for Top Gear.
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: Top Gear not going anywhere!

Post by laneela »

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote: Clarkson is like a fatter Simon Cowell but with cars, a healthy dose of self -deprecative humor and without the smug-git syndrome.
He *is* a tad bit of a smug git, no? ><
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

laneela wrote:
Drolgin Steingrinder wrote: Clarkson is like a fatter Simon Cowell but with cars, a healthy dose of self -deprecative humor and without the smug-git syndrome.
He *is* a tad bit of a smug git, no? ><
YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE FATHER OF MY BABIES!

actually he is a lot of a smug git, it's just the selfirony and the fact that the smugness usually only comes out when he's talking about politicians, eco-freaks, americans, the french, koreans, people from Yorkshire, people who drive in London, people who...oh, I see what you mean ><
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE FATHER OF MY BABIES!

actually he is a lot of a smug git, it's just the selfirony and the fact that the smugness usually only comes out when he's talking about politicians, eco-freaks, americans, the french, koreans, people from Yorkshire, people who drive in London, people who...oh, I see what you mean ><
To be fair, we're all a bit smug when we talk about the french. Or is that just me? ...and Clarkson.
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:Apparently the confusion was about the summer special which (according to completely unsubstantiated rumors) were the cause of a bit of a contractual spat between Clarkson and the BBC. The show will be on again in autumn, just without the summer special.
Looks like the summer special was still on. I just finished watching it! It wasn't as good as the episode where they went to America but it wasn't bad.

Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond are racing to the North Pole, Jeremy and James are in a specially adapted pick-up truck, while Richard is on a sled pulled by a team of huskies.
Hamster definitely got the short end of this race. He was looking pretty rough by the end of the episode.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Season 10 of Top Gear has started. Yay!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--