I seemed to have run out of solo quests...

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

I seemed to have run out of solo quests...

Post by Canelek »

...pre-Kunark, that is.

I have double-checked Loping Plains, Barren Sky and Bonemire to see if there were any more feathers--no luck.

I did, however, boat over to Kylong Plains and saw that there were a fuckton of quests--many of which would work nicely for lvl 67.

However, I do not want to get in a spot where I simply run out of shit to quest and be forced to grind on mobs till 80--also missing out on some good AA exp (currently 78 AA).

Am I totally missing a zone, or part of a zone, or should I just hang out in RoK from now on?
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: I seemed to have run out of solo quests...

Post by miir »

That range is a bit of a dry spot for solo quests.
A few runs through T7 instances is what I usually do to finish up the 60s.

Acadechism, Obelisk of Blight, Crypt of Valdoon, Unrest for EOF.
Nest, Den of the Devourer, Blackscale Sepulcher, Vaults of El'Arad are good ones for KOS.

In a decent group, all but Unrest should take less than an hour.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

As for ROK content...

It's gonna be challenging solo in the high 60s. Mobs hit much harder than what you're used to in EOF and KOS.
Definately doable but you may have to adopt some new tactics.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Instances would be great, but I loathe pickup groups. :)

Maybe Kilmoll can be persuaded to show Ash and I around some spots. :D

Of course, everyone is in epic-happy mode, so luring folks to mentor is difficult!

thanks for the suggestions though--I did notice the 68-70 mobs in Kylong hit a ton, but still didn't have enough HP to really be a concern, unless I was outnumbered.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I got to 68 last night, and I think I can finally prance my nancy dirge pants around kylong on my own. I tried at 66 and I got owned, hard.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Sucks to say but you need to grind it out to 70 at minimum in EoF or Sky. If you do not, you are in for a world of hurt when you hit about 78 in RoK. Grinding for exp is simply not an option in RoK...it ia all quest exp. I would not even step foot into RoK until you hit 70 or you will be tempted to run quests that are painfully easy and then be regretting it later.

As a general rule of thumb, the older the expansion, the easier the mobs are to kill. Personally, I would drag Ash up to Mistmore Catacombs and blow that place up as best you can. There are some heroic LP quests from Somborn you can work on there together and complete....plus with it being deserted I am sure you can get some collection quests done and make some big plat if you get extra rare parts. The bottom level should still give you pretty good exp and would be pretty easy for the two of you. The top with the Vampires would be a little rougher but probably doable....I was able to 2 box with your combo across the entire zone and hunt named....and it will be a lot easier with 2 live people.

The Nest is another good duo place for you...as is Acedechism. Lot of it will be low blue or possibly green at your level. I would avoid most of the other instances unless you can add a couple more people at minimum or drag a full group.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I can try and run with you through a few of the old ones. Just have to hope I am not helping with epics all weekend again.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Thanks for the clarification. I will avoid RoK until 70. I suppose now I have an excuse to grind my CoF pages--still need pages from Kaladim and LP...

Also need pages from NT and MMC....meh

Need to get Ash some more levels so we can hit Mistmore and the others you mentioned. Most of the LP shit is orange to him. :)

Between epic-fever and scheduled raids, it is next to impossible to get guildies for groups--and everyone is lvl80. :D I really want to understand group dynamics as well!
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

ohh...yea...Kaladim is actually decent in spots to grind too...and soloable in the front for pages. New Tunaria pretty well sucks IMO due to a good lack of nameds, but you can get decent exp in there and couple of good spots to get those damned pages from. You will probably hit 70 just from killing endless mobs to get those pages. Hit NT first sicne they are the lowest level and pop them until you have them and go to Kaladim and then Lp and then MMC. I need the ones from NT for the warden too...so I may be tempted to go with ya.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Canelek wrote:Need to get Ash some more levels so we can hit Mistmore and the others you mentioned. Most of the LP shit is orange to him. :)
Yeah. I hit 62 last night, suited up in the ugly ass mastercraft chain/buckler/spear (that I won't upgrade again until the next tier's masterwork I'm sure), picked up an Adept III of my mitigation buff and I have an Adept III of my latest damage ward.

So I'm upgraded and ready for some asskicking. I sure got one in Sonborn last night. I was just standing there IN THE WALLED VILLAGE while I was having a drink and debating what to do next and a freaking orange ^^^ dire worg decides that Sonborn is where you get Ash snacks. I almost spit my drink out on my new monitor.

At least I didn't get gang-raped walking from the Graveyard to the mender...

Hrm, is THAT the thing I need to muzzle for the wolfmaster's final quest? Yikes...
- Ash
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yea...it is hehe. It will be super duper mega easy though...since someone of level 80 can clear a path easily enough for you to grab one. You should be able to cast that leash on it outside of their agro range.

You probably won't want to spend cash on upgrades at all Ash....once you do hit 70 you will be doing quests non-stop and can get some pretty decent gear from them. I would be saving up in a massive way for getting Masters for 70+....they are absolutely retarded prices for mystics. Adept III won't be so bad as the priests all use fire emeralds if I remember correctly....and those things are pretty cheap comparatively.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

There are non-heroic dire wargs--just to the right past the ^^^ dog valley. Just be careful of the roaming ^^^ werewolf. ;) We can do those tonight if ya like.

As far as New Tunaria - I did pop in there the other night. Lots of gray and some low green, but they are all ^^^ and considering the shitty drop rate of the pages, it would take me years to kill a decent number of them.

Lemme know when you have a break from the epic drudgery, Kil and we can hit NT to get us some pages. Otherwise, checking out new instances would fucking rock--I'll be grinding for a few levels. :)

Oh, does FBSS haste (15) stack with CoF? Already have the FBSS, of course...
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Haste effects do not stack.
Attack Speed effects do.

There is a tier 8 MC cloak that has 26% haste.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Haste items do not stack...but haste adornments and proc effects for the most part do. Down in NT there is a place called the Market....you can invis to it if you avoid the roamers. It has green solo mobs and a few ^^ greens.....that is what I killed for days to get my drops. If I am available this weekend I will go with though. Need to get slackAsh caught up so you can do the RoK quests together for the most part and avoid the suckery.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Ah cool. Glad to hear there are solo mobs in NT. Although I can do ^^^ green, it fucking sucks since I end up proccing through a bitchload of vitality breech poison.

And yeah, we'll get Ash caught up--I have already greyed out too many heroic quests!

I am really looking forward to RoK shit. It seems pretty nice looking from what I saw from docks.... hopefully that nice +10 power regen necklace I got from simple drachnid-killing quest is a good indicator of gear via quests.
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I'll be on tonight after the Pookster and I get back from Chick Fil'A (Hey, kids eat for free on Thursday and she likes to play there, not a bad combo) if we even go, as she was at the doctor when I called my wife a few minutes ago.

Last night I was doing quests and killing in TT and cleared that little pyramid of Drakota with the named one at the top (Soundless Guardian?). Thank god it was only a ^^, because a caster spawned at the top of the stairs as I was almost done with it and took me down to a nano asshair of life before I got my ward up and was oom. I actually escaped from him down the stream with no visible health. Go go wards!
- Ash