Grouping question

WoW Discussion
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Grouping question

Post by Chidoro »

Is there a good site to read up on enhancement shammies in a group?
I have very little experience grouping in this game and I am just trying to get my feet wet doing easier instances on normal. I was in Drak'Tharon, something easy for a level 80, and aside from the whole thing moving very fast (even assisting the mt could be challenging), I never felt like I was contibuting much. This was further exemplified when when we got to the last guy (bone dragon) and someone said that something was on the shaman and the tank replied "he isn't doing anything anyway". I had a few totems down, it looked like I was damaging the guy, my wolves were hitting, etc. This sounds very newbie'ish but I guess i'm a group newbie in WoW and the pace is pretty spastic. To top it off, no one really types anything to communicate and I don't use voice chat.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Grouping question

Post by miir »

Come play EQ2 on permafrost!
It's just as solo friendly as WOW and players are a lot more helpful and mature.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

The problem is that you are just beginning on WotLK instances when people have been playing them for 2 years. You are way behind the curve and pretty much everyone can do them in their sleep and are over geared x 10 for Heroics. WotLK instances are all about AE AE AE. Since you are likely under geared compared to your group mates, just concentrate on buffing everyone and AEing whenever possible. Basically, watch what others do and follow suite. In the meantime, roll need on every item you actually need because no one else needs or cares for Heroic loot anymore. You should gear up to a half way decent level pretty quickly just chain playing Heroics.

If someone is in all greens in my Heroic groups, I don't care at all. You can pretty much duo all of them now, so carrying someone has little to no effect on the speed/efficiency of a run.

Don't worry, once Cataclysm is released, everyone will slow down and communicate again in the new Instances. I suggest getting onto the new instances ASAP and get on the same learning curve as everyone else.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

I swear you posted a while back about this, or somebody did. For starters, if those are your characters in your signature, I'd try to drop everything that isn't AGI based (i.e. INT or STR items).
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Miir, I actually do. I jumped on this morning to but a couple of items in the broker (looks like it's not reflected on my char sheet yet). My main is futzing around in in the village of shin at the moment to do some questing there.

Not too much in the AoE department on my end for my character. I didn't think my equipment would be lousy compared to players that were 74-76 running with me. I'm assuming I can set up my totem clusters to drop. I'll need to rearrange them from my solo centric setup. I'm curious why int isn't as important a stat as agi.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

I'd refer to Bagar's post, which while is dated, probably mostly still applies?

your old thread
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

If you want to get into specifics about stat tracking (in some cases to the point of absurdity), Elitist Jerks is a good forum to check out.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

That post I made was based upon pre-4.0 enhancement. I'm not sure how valid it still is.

I would never, ever go to elitist jerks as a newer / inexperienced wow player. Hell, I barely go there as is. The MMO-champion forums are probably much more helpful and relevant.

Wish I could help you but almost every class / spec received an overhaul in the patch and I honestly don't know how enhancement works now.

Enhancement is still the lowest attainable-dps class in the game, so don't freak out that you aren't pulling the same numbers as other classes even when you do master it. Honestly, you kind of picked the worst possible class and spec. Enhance used to suck, but it brought a lot of utility - that isn't even the case anymore. But if you enjoy it, play it. Just don't get too worried about numbers. Enhance is supposedly relatively better at 85 (on the Beta servers) so I guess we'll see.

EDIT:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Omgtotem

That's our friend Tom. He's pretty knowledgeable. Look at how he gems / enchants and emulate that I guess. He's the only enhancement shaman i know that hasn't swapped to Elemental or Resto.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte