Talk about unacceptable Customer Support

WoW Discussion
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Talk about unacceptable Customer Support

Post by Zaelath »

Aabidano wrote:Vote with your feet. I did, mainly as endless dailies != content. Much like the EQ1 faction grind when they began to run out of ideas.
When did that happen, Kunark? Cause I didn't start EQ1 until Shadows of Luclin, but I seem to remember endless faction grinds to get priest gear which were ruined by killing dwarves and required more grinds to complete....

I think the "heroic mode" 25 man content is seafood extender, but it seems to give the kids a sense of achievement...
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Zaelath wrote:When did that happen, Kunark? Cause I didn't start EQ1 until Shadows of Luclin, but I seem to remember endless faction grinds to get priest gear which were ruined by killing dwarves and required more grinds to complete....
You might be thinking of Velious with the drwarf, giant, and dragon factions. Or not! To this day people still claim that it was "faction done right" to which I strongly disagree. Basically if you didn't do ToV North you don't get the best gear.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I was thinking when PooP came out and they got really silly with it. SoV you could actually get the faction via raiding, eventually (iirc).
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Planes of Power was like.. The best expansion ever in the history of EQ. Not including Kunark of course since it gave us Iksars. I don't remember any faction grinding being required in PoP.

--
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Aslanna wrote:Planes of Power was like.. The best expansion ever in the history of EQ. Not including Kunark of course since it gave us Iksars. I don't remember any faction grinding being required in PoP.
Yeah... I agree strangely. I *really* enjoyed PooP despite the massive keying bollocks required, it still had AA grinding that was semi mandatory, but at least AA didn't disappear because of your raiding schedule.

NToV was my favourite raiding content though...
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Zaelath wrote:
NToV was my favourite raiding content though...
Same, all of my raiding since has been judged by how it compares to NToV.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Well here is an interesting developement with Blizzard and the forums. Now, it seems, you need to use your authenticator in order to post on the boards. If your account gets hacked it is very common for the hacker to put an authenticator on your account. Therefore you are now unable to post on the support forums to let them know you have been hacked. Your only option is to use the phones which are horrible.
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

It is a conspiracy... to force everyone to buy the darned things!!!

I got haxored in both UO and EQ. I quit UO (because EQ was released) after and my roomate was a GM for EQ so he just fixed it right away. Now happily, EQ2 has like 14 players on it, so there is noone to hack shit!!!

Still have the GM hookup if I did happen to get hacked... However, just as an aside... That GMs perma-free account got hacked by chinese plat farmers and banned! Funny shit.
Sick Balls!
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

I'm not blindly defending Blizzard. They've been slowly churning out money from a game that they put minimal at best investment (content-wise) into for 4 years now, and it's absurd. They rarely listen to their community. Their customer service is dogshit. They do nothing to improve the game that they don't absolutely have to do to keep subscriptions. Raiding has become a monotonous joke because they refuse to release content in a timely fashion or make existing content interesting enough to have any longevity at all.

But at some point you have to be accountable for the shit that you put onto your computer (and yes, you got hacked because of something you put onto your computer), and it seemed to me like you were shelling an awful lot of that blame onto Blizzard :p. The authenticators are amazing, and I've never heard of anyone having to wait an absurd amount of time to purchase one, nor heard of anyone seriously complaining about having to pay what equates to the cost of production & shipping for a guaranteed safety net on their account. I don't even know of any other MMOs that offer that kind of security.

Yo Velious, I'm happy for you and imma let you finish, but PoP was the best expansion of all time. OF ALL TIME.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Since we are still talking about eq expansions apparently... I also have to agree on PoP. The most exciting time in eq for me hands down. 12 hour raids, super fast progresion with Fiends was just Money. Had a crapton of fun that year. Although Veliose made me get a divorce so it's quite possible I was having a damn good time then too.
Sick Balls!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Bagar- wrote:I'm not blindly defending Blizzard. They've been slowly churning out money from a game that they put minimal at best investment (content-wise) into for 4 years now, and it's absurd. They rarely listen to their community. Their customer service is dogshit. They do nothing to improve the game that they don't absolutely have to do to keep subscriptions. Raiding has become a monotonous joke because they refuse to release content in a timely fashion or make existing content interesting enough to have any longevity at all.

But at some point you have to be accountable for the shit that you put onto your computer (and yes, you got hacked because of something you put onto your computer), and it seemed to me like you were shelling an awful lot of that blame onto Blizzard :p. The authenticators are amazing, and I've never heard of anyone having to wait an absurd amount of time to purchase one, nor heard of anyone seriously complaining about having to pay what equates to the cost of production & shipping for a guaranteed safety net on their account. I don't even know of any other MMOs that offer that kind of security.

Yo Velious, I'm happy for you and imma let you finish, but PoP was the best expansion of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Well we're basically saying the same thing then on all accounts, I guess stranger things have happened.

The only thing I will say, is as far as authenticators go, my friend had been checking the website for two weeks to buy one and they were sold out. He called customer support and was told "they sell out almost as fast as we get them, you have to get lucky." After like a month of trying every day he just got on like a week ago.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

so, last Friday, I was going to reactivate my account to check out the talent changes before the expansion and get the halloween achievements. To my surprise, my main account was active. I couldn't figure out how I missed this being billed, so I looked to see what card it was on. It was on someone else's AmEx (couldn't be mine as I don't have one). All of the other account settings were the same (name, pw, email, etc.), so I immediately changed the pw and email and added my ipod touch as an authenticator as I filled out the Account Recovery form online. I started getting the emails about characters being restored, and there were a couple other emails that came saying that the account was being reviewed.

I tried to activate the account again on Monday, and it now says the account is permanently disabled...I REALLY don't want to sit on the phone for 45 minutes to talk to someone. No clue how the account was compromised. This is on a separate PC that is never used for email/im/surfing, and I never use add-ons.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

When I ruined my first iphone by leaving it in the pocket of my swim trunks, I had to call Blizzard and get my authenticator transferred to my new iphone. It was hell. Eventually they got a fax of my birth certificate amoungst other documents. It took about 2 weeks, but. I wasn't really playing at the time so didn't really care. If it happened today, I would be a lot less patient!

Your whole account thing almost looks like a worst case scenerio. I'm sure everything will work out eventually, but it will be like pulling teeth getting things done. I hope it's all straightened out by Dec 7th!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Birth certificate!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Yup. So that means if Obama lost his authenticator he could never play WoW again.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Apparently the person that "took over" my account got banned at the same time I reported the account hijacked. That would explain why I was getting the normal recovery emails with the account flagged as permanently banned.