WoW Discussion
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Guilds

Post by Funkmasterr »

So, the guild I joined a month or so ago has turned into one big compacted bale of fail, and I'm not teh amused. If we fail our 10 mans again tomorrow (we likely will) I'm dropping. I think a big part of the problem is my server pretty much sucks for raiding guilds.. That and people are retarded.

Anyhow, I wanted to check in here and see if any of you guys are recruiting or know of guilds that are recruiting that are doing ICC and aren't like bagar~ hardcore. Particularly with summer coming up I won't be interested in a guild that expects me to be at raids 4-5 days a week for 3-4 hours at a time. I don't really care about hard modes or server firsts but will do whatever with my time. I really just want to go through ICC 10 and/or 25, see the fights, get some frost emblems, maybe get a drop or two along the way, and that's about it. To be clear, if the guild hasn't at least cleared 10 man, or at least are damn close, I'm not really interested.

I'm feral dps. I won't heal or tank. In 25 mans, not optimal (I don't think anyone has ever cast hysteria on me, etc) single target I probably average between 5.5-8.5k dps. AoE I can get quite a bit higher than that. After I get a few more frost and get my 4 piece t10 I should be able to bump that up a bit too. I have only been through the first wing of ICC but I've watched the fights on youtube and worst case, after going through it once I'll get it down.. I don't need to be told what to do over and over..

Let me know if anyone has anything.. I went through the WoW recruiting forums and everyone was either just starting to progress or they are doing hard modes and want people who will raid 4-5 days a week. I know I'm kinda looking for a more uncommon kind of guild, but they have to be out there and I'd love to join up, otherwise I'm going to get burnt out and quit playing until the expansion and move over to EQ2 full time.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Re: Guilds

Post by Bagar- »

I'm really not that hardcore :p. Not in a relative sense, anyhow. My guild is ranked like ~1,000 in the world. I'm just personally knowledgeable about the game.

That being said, if you run out of options and want to come to Medivh I can tag you as a friend rank and you might be able to get into some alt ICC10s here and there. It isn't much, but Medivh is a pretty big server and it might be a stepping-stone to finding an actual guild.

And that being said, our alt runs usually clear up through sindragosa... more when the nerf/buffs start rolling in!

They're non-obligitory and there's usually 3 or 4 of them a week, spread out amongst tuesday / friday / saturday. They usually go for like 3-4 hours. An invite would never be guaranteed, but it's also pretty laid back too. If you don't suck you won't have a problem getting in, a lot of friend ranks join just to do our 10s and get invited on a regular basis.

In addition, Medivh is a HUGE server, alliance-side anyhow, and finding a decent pug isn't hard either. We actually pug 8/12 every Saturday with alts, which friends are welcome to, and that takes about 3 hours.

That being said, we're a pretty mature / respectable guild (we don't just let random assholes in, which seems to be abnormal this expansion) and as long as you aren't annoying or a douchebag you might like it. I know we've had our political differences, and for awhile you were a REAL cockgobbler, but you're welcome to give it a shot if you want :).
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

My name on Medivh is Gavell if you are desperate enough to come over :p (I don't check these forums on any consistent basis)

If you ask anyone in <Insight> for me, they can direct you my way.

OR JUST COME AND SAY HELLO YOU NEVER CALL OR WRITE AND YOUR MOTHER WORRIES
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'll definitely be giving it some thought, that's better odds than what I'm working with right now.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

P.S.

H8
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

I just want to be clear so you don't have any misconception, I don't personally run these alt things most of the time so I can't guarantee you a spot... but it's still pretty likely you'd be able to get into them; If i'm on at all on tuesdays / fridays it's usually doing 10 man hardmodes.

I do the saturday half alt / half pug 25 man so you could definitely hang there, and that's certainly more than nothing because it's a pretty solid run (although not a 10 man).

As long as you're okay with maybe not always getting into shit or having to pug shit (which in itself isn't so bad, because medivh is a HUGE server, and it's fairly pug-friendly) then that's cool, with exception to the saturday icc25, which I can pretty much guarantee you a spot on. Not trying to be a dick; I just don't want you to transfer and then feel that I misrepresented anything :).

All that being said, the guild is pretty friendly and I'm sure you wouldn't have too much trouble getting into runs, and the server (as previously stated) is extremely populous (alliance side, we have an alliance to horde ratio is 1:.38) so even if you missed a 10 man you wouldn't have trouble getting into a pug. There's no obligations, so if you can't or don't want to log on no one is going to bitch at you, and we pretty much boot immature douchebags (except for me) so it's a fairly pleasant atmohpere atmosphere. We raid and we're hardcore to a degree, but we aren't elitist. Well, I am, but most of the guild isn't :p.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm definitely leaning towards transferring, as are my two friends I generally play with.. However there are two things making me have doubts..

1) I hate alliance. Everything about it. I detest how Night Elves look, I can't stand the cities, and on top of that I'm very unfamiliar with them as I've only played alliance at low (<10) levels. I can get over this, possibly, assuming number 2 isn't an issue.

2) I'm a achievement whore, and I've worked at faction quite a bit. Being as I would be leaving horde, I'd lose that faction. Does anyone know if I would be given the equivalent factions for alliance that I have with horde? If it's a no, I probably don't want to transfer but I can't seem to find a solid answer.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

It's like the first link in google if you look for faction change WoW.

Also there was this that also gave some details which was the 3rd link that I saw.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Psyloche wrote:It's like the first link in google if you look for faction change WoW.

Also there was this that also gave some details which was the 3rd link that I saw.
Well, I would be transferring servers, plus faction. I guess that would probably have to be two separate transactions, which is stupid. I also know that these changes don't always go the way their site states, so I was looking more for input on someone who had done it though, not a smart ass comment about something I'd already googled.

* Some reputations do not have an opposite-faction equivalent, and thus will not be included in a faction change. However, they will be restored at their previous levels if the character ever transfers back to their original faction.

Those are what I'd be more concerned about. And the sunreaver/silver convenant one not transferring blows too, that one took for fucking ever to get to exalted.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Funkmasterr_first_post wrote:Does anyone know if I would be given the equivalent factions for alliance that I have with horde?
The link said it flat out, showing the Horde factions with Alliance conversions.
Funkmasterr_second_post wrote:I was looking more for input on someone who had done it though, not a smart ass comment about something I'd already googled.
I have no idea what you had or hadn't looked at. I posted an answer to the question you posed. Next time I'll read your mind better and try to answer the question behind the question.

Having to both transfer server and faction does, indeed, suck. But hey at least it's possible now.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I could have stated it better, I was just pointing out I don't need to l2googlelulz. I know that when I just plain transferred one of my alts he lost some stuff he wasn't supposed to lose (achievements, items) - so I'm curious if people have had similar experience with faction change.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

The faction change is cool. I haven't played WoW in a while, and I never heard about that being done. How much does it cost? (could not get to most of the links from work :P )
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:The faction change is cool. I haven't played WoW in a while, and I never heard about that being done. How much does it cost? (could not get to most of the links from work :P )
$25 for a server transfer, $30 for a faction change.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Sunreaver Exalted wasn't so bad. Infact I hit it without even really trying. I just did all the jousting things at the Argent Tournement. I did the dailies until I hit Crusader and along the way I picked up a lot of Exalted.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Bubba Grizz wrote:Sunreaver Exalted wasn't so bad. Infact I hit it without even really trying. I just did all the jousting things at the Argent Tournement. I did the dailies until I hit Crusader and along the way I picked up a lot of Exalted.
Yeah, thing is I detest the argent tournament, won't be running randoms much anymore, and I really don't want to lose that faction/achievements :( Gonna have to weigh it out.
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Go to wow-heroes and check out <Wal-Mart Security> on Spirestone. It's a Horde guild that should be everything you are looking for. If you decide to go that route, look up Seamarshall and tell him you know me (Evan) and you will get an invite. Recruitment is closed otherwise. I am on only once in a while right now due to work / wife / kids balancing. However, when I am on I am probably playing Souleene.

Good luck and have fun no matter what your decision is :)
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The only factions that don't have equivalents on both sides are shitty little ones like Tranquillen.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt