WoW Discussion
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

So I think

Post by Funkmasterr »

That if I did something really, really horrible and went to the innermost circle of hell, it would look like the Forge of Souls, and it would be run by something that resembled Anzu.

Just thought I'd share that.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Re: So I think

Post by Aardor »

You apparently didn't do pre-nerf Halls of Reflections with pugs.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aardor wrote:You apparently didn't do pre-nerf Halls of Reflections with pugs.
Pre Nerf? Shit. Gear has a lot less effect than stupidity. I still get groups full of people with 5k+ in Pit and Halls that wipe, over and over and over and over because they are retards. And I've had groups of people with ~4k gear score or less that do 10x the job those better geared people do. I swear if I get one more group of super geared people that wipes to the flamebearer's in the pit I'm gonna scream.

Honestly, too many people that play this game have become obnoxious gear snobs, imo (EDIT: This wasn't aimed at you, you just touched a soft spot). My server seems to be particularly bad, people don't want to bring you into fucking NAXX if you don't have a 4500+ gear score. Again, gear is not in any way a good judge of someones ability.

That rant aside, the original one was more for the fact that I've done Sethekk Halls like 100 times trying to get the god damned mount from Anzu, and similar situation with Forge. Last night I finally saw the DPS trinket drop off the devourer, and me and another dude rolled on it. We tied. He got the trinket. I freaked the fuck out (not on him). I am so damn sick of running both of those places.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Again, gear is not in any way a good judge of someones ability.
It's a pretty good judge of a player's capacity to perform, though, and for many raids being a gear snob is necessary. Not Naxx though, that's ridiculous.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Leonaerd wrote:
Again, gear is not in any way a good judge of someones ability.
It's a pretty good judge of a player's capacity to perform, though, and for many raids being a gear snob is necessary. Not Naxx though, that's ridiculous.
With heroics and Emblems of Triumph being what they are, I still disagree. What a 5k gear score shows is that someone had enough time on their hands to run through heroics until they bought all the gear they could use with Emblems of Triumph. That's about it. And yes, the Naxx thing is absurd, but it happens frequently.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Your argument is trying to tackle too much ground. I agree that it's easy to get gear with Triumphs and that this allows unskilled people to have great gear. Fin.

However, if you are under 5k dps and trying to join an ICC10 (or ICC25, TOGC10, TOGC25)raid, you'll just bog it down. A skilled player with sub-par gear won't reach 5k dps. Hence, gearchecks. They don't solve the problem of shitty PUGs entirely, but knowing somebody's gearscore allows you to sort through the people who would be guaranteed to harm the raid's likelihood of success.

When sending raid invites, the only thing you can know for sure about a player is their capacity to perform as limited by the quality of their gear. You cannot know how capable a person actually is (based on skill) unless you see them raid first hand. So why would you not utilize the only tool you have at your disposal in your attempt to create a successful raid?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I don't care about gear score. I don't know about the 5k dps sentiment you seem to have, being as I have almost as good of gear as I can get without doing those raids you listed and there is no_way I could get over 5k dps consistently (probably at all).

If I am involved in putting anything together, whoever wants to come can come. If we wipe, we will have taken note of who wasn't pulling their weight, gear score or not, and those people will be removed from the raid.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

I haven't been to a raid since Ulduar was new, I simply don't have the patience for pug raids and don't have the achievements or gear score to get in some of the (probably) better raids. I gave up on my Paladin because I didn't know anyone on Hyjal Horde anymore, didn't have time to commit to guilds I could get into and rerolled a Gnome DK because I always wanted to play as a Gnome and detest leveling.

I'm up to 74 now and have fun both DPS'ing and Tanking on the DK. Too bad in every group I keep getting greeted with, "Oh god DK tank" thanks to the river of terribad DK's before me. I typically end the instances having done 30-40% of the group's damage while tanking, so far DK instance tanking has been hax with how easy it is. In one group, a Ret Paly and myself accounted for 80% of the group's damage. I wish I could have leveled with that guy for every instance I ever did after.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I just started a mage last night and am thinking about grabbing a bunch of BOA gear and leveling him. Or I could transfer my hunter or priest (both level 60) and level them to 80. Or I could level my DK, lol. I'm having a hard time deciding.

Although whatever I decide to level will probably be slow moving, I need my giant backlog of console games to take a bit more priority than it has been.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I would like to add, that I would club a dozen baby seals every day for the rest of my life if I could just skip the grueling process of collecting frost emblems and have a full set of T10 armor waiting for me when I get home. It's so fucking cool looking.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

You should go ranged dps. Probably with your hunter to avoid the mind numbing leveling.

I am a boomkin and my gear score is around 5200 (Oxbone on Ghostlands) and I am probably doing something wrong but I am only hitting around 4500 dps in ideal conditions. Well, I rarely get ideal conditions as I am often doing other things like removing curses or battle rezzing or maybe the occasional heal if needed.

I'm not overly upset at my low dps score as I bring more to the table with the other things I can do. Still, it'd be nice to run with the big boys sometimes and pump out that 6kdps I see our mages/hunters do.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Bubba Grizz wrote:You should go ranged dps. Probably with your hunter to avoid the mind numbing leveling.

I am a boomkin and my gear score is around 5200 (Oxbone on Ghostlands) and I am probably doing something wrong but I am only hitting around 4500 dps in ideal conditions. Well, I rarely get ideal conditions as I am often doing other things like removing curses or battle rezzing or maybe the occasional heal if needed.

I'm not overly upset at my low dps score as I bring more to the table with the other things I can do. Still, it'd be nice to run with the big boys sometimes and pump out that 6kdps I see our mages/hunters do.
The thought of going with my hunter keeps crossing my mind. I'm like level 15 with my Mage and like it, and leveling with BOA gear isn't that bad, but I've been through the content so damn many times now..

My druid is feral, and I'm in a similar situation for dps. Just running heroics, it varies wildly. The other members of the group and the buffs I get as a result play a big part in how much dps I end up doing. It also depends on the fight, fights where you have to constantly stop attacking/moving/changing targets/etc make it really hard to do decent dps as a feral druid.
On the low end, I pull in 3-3.5k dps consistently. The highest I've been in a 5 man group is a bit over 4k. If I'm in full raid buffs, and I pop a agility potion and a flask of endless rage - I can get up towards 5k, again though that's only if it's a zerg fight and I don't have to keep fucking moving around and losing my cp's and shit.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aaaand, after 50+ times through Forge of Souls the fucking Needle Encrusted Scorpion drops again and the entire fucking group besides healer rolls need on it, including the tank (who has no business rolling need on something that is absolutely not a tanking trinket) who ends up winning it.

I am so seriously fucking sick and tired of running through this goddamn instance for one damn item and not getting it. You should never have to do something so many times while trying to get a item that it is no longer even remotely fun. They really need to up the drop rates on a good portion of the shit in this game. I'm going to start asking if anyone else is going for the trinket when I get a group and if anyone says yes I'm dropping.

So mad right now..
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

And it drops again tonight and the healer wins. I don't get why so many people feel like they are so goddamn important that it's right for them to roll need on a rare item for their off spec.

If you want a dps item, wait in the dps queue like every fucking one else.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Funkmasterr wrote:And it drops again tonight and the healer wins. I don't get why so many people feel like they are so goddamn important that it's right for them to roll need on a rare item for their off spec.

Took me weeks to get that thing on my hunter, but my DK and druid saw it on nearly every run. RNG fail.

I reckon a good 50% of the "healers" in random dungeons are DPS running their offspec so they can get a group in < 1 minute instead of > 15

Funny part is if you have *really* shithouse gear it's instant DPS queues; i.e. if you keep under 3k gear score as calculated by the various mods (gearing down doesn't work, though you could probably buy a 4 set after you get the queue and sell it back after the run every time)
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

My main is a Boomkin. My offspec is Bear Tank. When they first started the randoms I had spent an entire Saturday tanking. I pretty much got enough badges to get my 4 piece set for my Boomkin as well as rings. I also got my Pug pet. Being a tank makes it so you have no down time between instances. Just non-stop though you set the pace. Now that I have my set pieces for both specs as well as much of my pvp gear, I only do the random for the frost badges.
Last edited by Bubba Grizz on February 2, 2010, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Zaelath wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:And it drops again tonight and the healer wins. I don't get why so many people feel like they are so goddamn important that it's right for them to roll need on a rare item for their off spec.

Took me weeks to get that thing on my hunter, but my DK and druid saw it on nearly every run. RNG fail.

I reckon a good 50% of the "healers" in random dungeons are DPS running their offspec so they can get a group in < 1 minute instead of > 15

Funny part is if you have *really* shithouse gear it's instant DPS queues; i.e. if you keep under 3k gear score as calculated by the various mods (gearing down doesn't work, though you could probably buy a 4 set after you get the queue and sell it back after the run every time)
I know.. And that's the thing, I could do the same thing but I feel like you should only be rolling need on shit for your main spec, particularly for a highly sought, rare item like that damn trinket.

I've noticed the gear thing you speak of when my buddy queue's. Interesting how that works.

I've got all the gear I can get without doing 10 or 25 mans aside from the trinket, a ring from pit of saron, and frost badge stuff. I'm actually like a week away from getting my chest with frost badges, can't wait to get to the 4 set bonus. I haven't actually bothered with off spec gear yet. Technically I'm specced as a healer for off spec but I don't have good enough gear to heal any heroics.

TBH, I don't want to heal though, despite it's advantages. I also don't really want to tank, but I may break down and do that eventually. Moonkin is out of the question cause it seems like a waste to do two DPS specs.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Diae Soulmender »

Ive now ran Forge of Souls about 33 times on my Hunter trying to replace my Grim Tol trinket. Thus far I have lost the roll 3 times... once to a Protection Paladin(I cried a little), once to an Arms Warrior(Happy for him. He needed it as bad as me) and then to a Feral Tank Druid with Balance offspec(I killed 3 kittens and died inside when he won it).

Yea, gearing your mains or alts up is retardly easy these days. I have geared up....

Khrashaman 80 Shaman (Enh/Resto) - 5k+ GearScores for both specs.
Khrash 80 Hunter (MM) - 5k+ GearScore
Khrashfury 80 Warrior (Fury/Prot) - 5k Fury GearScore, 4.9k Protection GearScore

My Paladin is my main. He is ilvl 245-264 geared. Hes my pimp.

Once I wrap up the trinket on my Huntard and complete a couple more items on my Warrior for tanking Ill work on my 80 Rogue and the 80 Death Knight (just for giggles since its so easy to gear).

I figure the more gear I have on my alts the easier it will be to level them in Cataclysm when it is released.

For anyone playing even part time make sure you do your Argent Tourney Dailys to get Crusader. It nets great money and faction. Then run your Daily Dungeon to get your Emblems of Frost and a few Emblems of Triumph then grind Heroics like crazy every minute you have online.

If you are a DPS yet have the ability to either tank or heal I *highly* recommend you gear one of these spec's up first and use it primarily when queuing for Heroics. You will get in much faster. If you queue as DPS (or have no choice) generally you can expect an 11-20 minutes wait time for each dungeon. Most folks only play a few hours a day at most and sitting outside waiting for a dungeon for 1/3 of your playtime really sucks.

Anyways, peace out guys!

PS: Lich King is vicious! We'll get him soon though!
Khrashdin 80 Protection Paladin
Vox Immortalis - Hyjal-US
#1 World Ranked 10man Strict Achievement Guild
#3 World Ranked 10man Strict Progression Guild
http://www.guildox.com The Premier Guild Ranking Site
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I got my first piece of t10 last night, the lasherweave rainment. Replaced ring with the one I've been trying to get from Pit of Saron.. The damn trinket is still haunting me though, just ten minutes ago I lost the roll again. Every single time I see it drop (like 6 times now) 4 or 5 out of the 5 people in the group roll need on it. I'm really fucking sick of it, it's probably 60 or so times through there now for me, maybe more like 70.

I want to get that, I'm going to buy the boots that are made from the plan you buy in ICC. Then I want to starting raiding Icecrown.. Couple friends and I started a guild (largely for guild bank) and so I want to try and find a guild that we can regularly go along with, but we'll see.

I really want to beat the lich king by the time Cataclysm comes out.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Diae Soulmender »

You have killed the Heroic Devourer of Souls 34 times :) Basically the same as me.
Khrashdin 80 Protection Paladin
Vox Immortalis - Hyjal-US
#1 World Ranked 10man Strict Achievement Guild
#3 World Ranked 10man Strict Progression Guild
http://www.guildox.com The Premier Guild Ranking Site
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Haha, you should just do Thorim hard mode at this point.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Diae Soulmender wrote:You have killed the Heroic Devourer of Souls 34 times :) Basically the same as me.
Does the armory count non heroic kills? Cause I did him on regular mode a ton too trying to get his stupid cloak.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Finally got my trinket the other night. Friend I've been running through everything rolled on it too, he won and gave it to me :)

Now I just need my mount from that feathered sack of shit and I'll be done farming (besides daily/weekly).

I need to start doing ICC, stat.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Took me ~2 weeks to go from 80 to a decent tank and DPS set. Pretty fun times, except now I have 0 recent raid experience which means I don't get to go to any raids because I don't already have the achievements. Maybe I should have stuck to Heals/Ranged DPS since they seem to be in more demand any server I play on and probably going with DK was a bad idea due to their class reputation.
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

So if you play the wrong class or don't have the proper gear score, spec or raid experience, you're excluded?

WOW really sounds more like work than a game.
EQ2 seems far more casual friendly by comparison.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

miir wrote:So if you play the wrong class or don't have the proper gear score, spec or raid experience, you're excluded?

WOW really sounds more like work than a game.
EQ2 seems far more casual friendly by comparison.
Probably, but I did enjoy gearing up, even if it was running the same 5 mans I've done before. The power of the carrot is strong. I just ran out of easy to get carrots.
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

There is nothing about WoW that makes it not casual friendly, it's the people that do that to it. There are far too many immature or just plain arrogant people that play. I get the feeling a lot of them didn't know their head from their ass, then they got carried through a raid or two and now because it was what they were told when they started raiding a month ago, they just say GS 5k+ and ACHIEVE OR DON'T ASK.

People seem to forget that this is a game, it's supposed to be fun, and giving new people a chance to get in on raids shouldn't be that big of a deal, it's not all about you and what you want. Personally, I don't have a lot of raid achievements, my gear score is 5124 I think, and I want to raid, but if I see people advertising that they won't take you without those things I'm not even interested in going on their raid even if I meet the requirements.

I would just like to find a guild that me and my two or three friends could raid with once or twice a week and I'd be happy.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Might be that this is a crown of their basement dwelling lives, being l33t enough to rag on someone about their gear.

I can understand that minimums are needed to complete some content, on the same note the immature assholes who make themselves enforcers of it annoy me to the point I'm not sure about coming back to WoW.

I like the game though I became bored with it, my guildmates are great. The rest of the clowns on the server? Bunch of douchebags.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I totally understand about having a certain level of gear to be able to complete some content, but putting a numerical value on it just seems... wrong.
It's almost as if they have taken the variable of player skill or personality out of equation.
It comes down to class + spec + gear score + achievements... if you don't meet the requirements, you're fucked. I guess it's good thing for the millions of douchebags, morons, assholes and sociopaths playing WOW. :lol:
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Plus, how do you get the achievement if you can't get in a raid in the first place? Luckily I am in a guild so I don't have to deal with that stuff unless by choice. If I have a few hours available I'll watch for the 25 man raids as the guild is only doing 10 mans at this point. We're not uber players but we do pretty well. Not as fast as most guilds. We finally downed Festergut last night for the first time.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

The gear score phenomenon is a completely imbecilic one. The only value I can see in it is to make sure you don't have someone who just hit 80 and completely under-geared in your raid, but a simple inspect will tell you that. Morons calling for gear score checks is the first sign for me to stay away from that particular PUG.

Sincerely,

Dregor the Douchebag Moron Asshole Sociopath
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Dregor Thule wrote:The gear score phenomenon is a completely imbecilic one. The only value I can see in it is to make sure you don't have someone who just hit 80 and completely under-geared in your raid, but a simple inspect will tell you that. Morons calling for gear score checks is the first sign for me to stay away from that particular PUG.

Sincerely,

Dregor the Douchebag Moron Asshole Sociopath
:lol:

And yeah Bubba, that is the bigger problem than the gear score imo. How the hell am I supposed to get the achievement if people won't let you go without it? People are just selfish as fuck, and lazy. If you just want ez mode and to breeze through ICC every week with no challenge; 1) you should probably be in a guild and not forming PUG's, and 2) why bother, really?
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Bubba Grizz wrote:Plus, how do you get the achievement if you can't get in a raid in the first place? Luckily I am in a guild so I don't have to deal with that stuff unless by choice. If I have a few hours available I'll watch for the 25 man raids as the guild is only doing 10 mans at this point. We're not uber players but we do pretty well. Not as fast as most guilds. We finally downed Festergut last night for the first time.
http://fakeachievement.com/
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Zaelath wrote:
Bubba Grizz wrote:Plus, how do you get the achievement if you can't get in a raid in the first place? Luckily I am in a guild so I don't have to deal with that stuff unless by choice. If I have a few hours available I'll watch for the 25 man raids as the guild is only doing 10 mans at this point. We're not uber players but we do pretty well. Not as fast as most guilds. We finally downed Festergut last night for the first time.
http://fakeachievement.com/
Haha, that's great.

Honestly, I was thinking about this more, likely because I went to the official forums and the most active topic was one bitching about what miserable cockbags this community is filled with.'

It boils down to a lot of shit, imo;
1) Anonymity at it's finest. You can get a name change/server change whenever you want by paying a fee, so even if you do make a bad name for yourself it doesn't matter. I mean, in EQ if you had a bad rep you were fucked.. in WoW, you can level to 80 in a week or two, and be geared out in another week or two.
2)Age. A large majority of the population playing this game is <18, and are total shit bags. You know those 14 year olds that you played a match of Halo with that start screaming into the mic after telling their mom they didn't want to go to bed? Yeah, they all play WoW. All of them.

And honestly what I think might be the biggest one, is skill level required to play the game. The game is pretty easy compared to EQ and even EQ2, not to mention other MMO's, but when you add in the plethora of add ons (like deadly boss mods for example) that do everything but play the game for you, it assists in breeding a completely new type of lazy, arrogant cocksucker asshole prick.

If my experience with trying to raid doesn't improve over the next while here, EQ2 is going to start sounding better and better.. Or maybe I'll finally get on some of my damn back log.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Funkmasterr wrote:If my experience with trying to raid doesn't improve over the next while here, EQ2 is going to start sounding better and better..
LoTRO kicks ass, only downside is not enough players really.

Player base is polite and helpful, GMs respond quickly and have some sense in resolving things, new content gets released regularly.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

And honestly what I think might be the biggest one, is skill level required to play the game. The game is pretty easy compared to EQ and even EQ2, not to mention other MMO's, but when you add in the plethora of add ons (like deadly boss mods for example) that do everything but play the game for you, it assists in breeding a completely new type of lazy, arrogant cocksucker asshole prick.
That was a big annoyance for me on my last time playing WOW.
There were so many UI add-ons that were basically required for raiding that it did almost seem like the game could play itself.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

This thread makes me glad that I quit playing MMO's for so many different reasons.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

EQ 1 was real gaming with harsh penalties and extremely high satisfaction levels.

WoW is for zombie players. The game plays itself if you get enough add-ons and you can read every detail online for help.

And the toonish warped graphics are horrible!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The sad part about the mod situation is how terribad people (especially DPS) still are at the game. They're standing in visible fire, taking damage, DBM clanging at them like a monkey grinder on meth, and still they don't fucking notice. IS PRESSING FIVE BUTTONS IN SEQUENCE REALLY THAT ENGROSSING?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

masteen wrote:They're standing in visible fire, taking damage, DBM clanging at them like a monkey grinder on meth, and still they don't fucking notice. IS PRESSING FIVE BUTTONS IN SEQUENCE REALLY THAT ENGROSSING?
Good times :)

:onfire: :onfire: :onfire:
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Winnow wrote:EQ 1 was real gaming with harsh penalties and extremely high satisfaction levels.

WoW is for zombie players. The game plays itself if you get enough add-ons and you can read every detail online for help.

And the toonish warped graphics are horrible!
This thread is now complete, since Winnow has visited and commented the same thing about WoW that he has been commenting for 5 years now. :)
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Hey Funk, instead of playing the same Instance over and over and over with retards for a single drop, how many console games could you have completed in the same amount of time?

That's why I gave up WoW!

(However, I will be playing the Warhammer 40k MMO when it is released. I've decided to wait yet another year before building a new PC just for that game. The one I have now should run SC2 just fine, and that's the only new PC game coming out for the entire year that I want to play.)
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Aabidano wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:If my experience with trying to raid doesn't improve over the next while here, EQ2 is going to start sounding better and better..
LoTRO kicks ass, only downside is not enough players really.

Player base is polite and helpful, GMs respond quickly and have some sense in resolving things, new content gets released regularly.
The world of Lotro is so damn immersive as well. They paid attention to the details and the whole thing is very cool. If my guild were to make the move over I'd never go back to WoW.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

After 115 or so straight days......

SO FUCKING HAPPY!

Got my 4 piece t10 today too :D
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

is that a blue chicken?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

You watch your mouth!

It's Anzu, the dirty bastard raven god. It's my favorite ground mount in the game!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I really have no idea what that screenshot is supposed to be.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Pretty much the coolest mount in the game, besides the Lich King mount :)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Not trying to be an ass.

I can make out feet (and are those glowing eyes?) but the rest just looks like a jumble of polygons.
Is your character sitting on the mount?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Lol, obviously we aren't looking at the same picture.