Collapsible Drop Sets

Forum for kung fu, and grappling, and dolphins, and street fights, and body building, and.....

Moderator: The Kwon

Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Collapsible Drop Sets

Post by Sueven »

I figured that it was time to switch up my workout a bit, so I borrowed a friends workout: Collapsible drop sets. They're awesome.

Basically, you do three sets of an exercise back-to-back-to-back, dropping weight each time. Then you rest for 30 seconds, bump the weight back up but not all the way up, repeat, rest for 30 seconds, repeat.

So, for example:

I'll do hammer curls starting with a 35 pound dumbbell in each hand. I'll do a set (8-12 reps) with the 35s, and then immediately, with no rest, pick up a pair of 30s and do a set, and then immediately, with no rest, pick up a pair of 25s and do a set. Then I set them down and rest for 30-45 seconds. I then pick the 30s back up and do a set, pick the 25s up and do a set, pick the 20s up and do a set. Rest for 30-45 seconds, then do 25/20/15. So you end up doing 9 sets in just a few minutes with no more than 2 minutes of rest in the middle.

It's a good way to force yourself to really tear up your muscles. I recommend it. The downside is that it's kind of sad to find myself struggling to curl 15 pounds at the end, but so it goes.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Collapsible Drop Sets

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Good one Sueven!

Struggling with 15 -pounders at the end is just perfect.

What's important is muscle contact.

A real expert can make a light weight hit the muscle as good as a heavy one.

It's better using a lighter weight, and having the intended muscle do all the job instead of putting on a real heavy weight and not using the muscles intended 100 % ( i e cheating and using the whole body etc )

Reminds me abit of Milos Sarcevs "No rest" Hardcore workout. (Many want to puke) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkGqucO_No0
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--