Pressure cooker

Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Pressure cooker

Post by Aabidano »

Bought a pressure cooker the other day, had considered it on and off for a while and a mention on the radio reminded me. Plus I was bored and near a Target store. After reading the recipe book to figure out dinner in the parking lot, I saw it had a warning not to use on flat top stoves due to a concave bottom. The second was cast aluminum and had the same warning but was mostly flat on the bottom and works fine.

Listed advantages are that it cooks food much faster and with less power than an oven, plus it doesn't heat the house\kitchen up nearly as much. Supposed to be able to use much cheaper cuts of meat as well, don't know on that part but it makes sense.

Definitely faster, cooked a 5lb pot roast last night in 45 minutes. Browned the roast in the cooker, added water, onions & salt, sealed it up and 45 minutes later it was done perfectly.

Kitchen didn't heat up noticeably but it's not bad using the oven either so that's an unknown. Our ovens only a couple years old,l the only time you can usually tell from the kitchen temp is in the winter.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Re: Pressure cooker

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

A pressure cooker is a fucking awesome thing to have. Hi, stock in an hour. Lamb shanks in half that.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Recipe for pork chops & rice looked good, basically 15 minutes start to finish.

More or less:

Brown chops in pan w\ tbsp olive oil, add 2 cups water, tsp salt, 1 cup rice, 1 can chopped-stewed tomatoes & garlic to taste.

Put on lid, bring cooker to pressure & cook for 9 minutes.

Need to find a grate\platform to put in it, some things need to be kept up out of the liquid.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Pork chops & rice came out amazing, start to finish ~15 minutes.