Should the Bazaar allow more than 500 traders?

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Fenna
Gets Around
Gets Around

Should the Bazaar allow more than 500 traders?

Post by Fenna »

On one hand, 500 traders seems like easily enough to satisfy a server. And no doubt the Bazaar is laggy enough with the amount of people in there as it is. But for the past few nights (and days, even in the morning) the Bazaar is at the 500 trader maximum.

As a buyer, you get to listen to people constantly asking why they can't get into trader mode, then bitching about it. And as a trader, you're lucky to get up and running and once you do, you sure don't want to turn off your trader for any reason.

Should more traders be allowed? I can't really decide.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Only if they can add 100 more untargetable MOBs to Plane of Time A! My 80 frames-per-minute is just way too high still.

Seriously though, it's probably a control to keep the bazaar from crashing (more than it does).

The bazaar SHOULD have been implemented as a bank vault type check in where you drop items off into a Bazaar Merchant check in window, where you are then allowed to set pricing etc. That way the only people in bazaar are people checking in items or those shopping.

Then if someone wanted to buy they could click on Bazaar merchants selling specific types of items (as categorized in the database, but coming from all people that have checked in items of those types). If you want to ask someone a question, the character who checked the item in would be displayed next to it. If they're on, great, if not, oh well.

Buyers browse by type (weapons merchant/armor merchant) or search the bazaar database if they know what they are looking for.

This would allow people to have items sold without having to tax the bandwidth of SOE from all the additional connections from mostly AFK traders, allow people with one account to actually PLAY the damn game.

Should it be raised from 500? No, but I believe the error message should be expanded from its current blurb about maximum traders. Implement a message with a more verbose explanation.
- Ash
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Yeah, up it. I'm one of those guys that just can't get into trader mode sometimes.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Kudo
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kudo »

The bazaar SHOULD have been implemented as a bank vault type check in where you drop items off into a Bazaar Merchant check in window, where you are then allowed to set pricing etc. That way the only people in bazaar are people checking in items or those shopping.

Then if someone wanted to buy they could click on Bazaar merchants selling specific types of items (as categorized in the database, but coming from all people that have checked in items of those types). If you want to ask someone a question, the character who checked the item in would be displayed next to it. If they're on, great, if not, oh well.

Buyers browse by type (weapons merchant/armor merchant) or search the bazaar database if they know what they are looking for.

This would allow people to have items sold without having to tax the bandwidth of SOE from all the additional connections from mostly AFK traders, allow people with one account to actually PLAY the damn game.
Actually, thats how it is in SWG, you drop the item off, pay the hosting fee, and it gets deposited in bank when item is sold.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Wow, apparently SOE can learn from thier own mistakes.
- Ash
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Ashur [FoH] wrote:Wow, apparently SOE can learn from thier own mistakes.
yep now that would be a good idea. and it would also work as a pp sink.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

There should be a loan system.

Borrow PP from a loanshark and if you don't repay the loan on time, a level 65 Mob spawns and attacks you 15 minutes after entering any zone until the debt is repaid.
Deneve
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Deneve »

yeah, but if they did that winnow then they would have to fuck up GYs so there are corpses everywhere
Stalker Vacio
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Stalker Vacio »

I think the bazaar maxing out at 500 is just another sign that Veehsan Server needs a split.
"Patience is a foolish virtue. It never gets you what you want when you want it. " -King Zad
Voidstalker
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

Veeshan doesn't need a split. The problem is just 500 AFK mules selling. Well, 499 as I try to sell and when I do get to, I am usually around.
Adelrune Argenti
Ajran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Ajran »

When no boss mobs from velious on up are alive more then an hour after spawning the server needs a split. and as one poster suggested a gaurunteed movelog for at least 3 VT+ enabled guilds that are willing to go en masse.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Hehe, i would be happy if they would just remove the STUPID bug that they added a few patches back, where you can NOT press Begin Trader again before you have relogged, so if you press it by accident before you read there are 500 traders, you gotta relog.

Oh well, a change from continually pressing Begin Trader to continually pressing Welcome to see when it goes down to 499 and then press Begin Trader quick and hope you get in are at least more fun than Gems.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
a_guide
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by a_guide »

A tip here: If you do accidently hit the button with 500 traders and are using a custom UI switch to a different UI (perhaps default) and then back into your UI and the button will be available. *hugs* a_guide
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

They need to just make a second bazaar, max 300 (or more) traders in both. Traders from both bazaars all show up when you do a search and it tells you if the item you want is in bazaara or bazaarb.

That would probably be the easiest fix for the way it is now.
Jaxomer
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Jaxomer »

Hesten wrote:Hehe, i would be happy if they would just remove the STUPID bug that they added a few patches back, where you can NOT press Begin Trader again before you have relogged, so if you press it by accident before you read there are 500 traders, you gotta relog.
This is really annoying, I found that zoning into SH and back does the trick for me.
Keepers of the Elements
|Jaxomer|Memsi|
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Re: Should the Bazaar allow more than 500 traders?

Post by Siji »

Where are all these people? Jeez..
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

a) I still hate the new bazaar
b) They should implement offline trading
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

I miss the old bazaar. :(
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I miss North Freeport. :(
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I miss watching people fully encumbered with PP running from East Freeport to East Commonlands. :cry:
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I miss splitting coin with monks in the group!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Leonaerd wrote:I miss watching people fully encumbered with PP running from East Freeport to East Commonlands. :cry:
You obviously didn't play on Veeshan
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Luclin fuckers! :mrgreen:
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

miir wrote:
Leonaerd wrote:I miss watching people fully encumbered with PP running from East Freeport to East Commonlands. :cry:
You obviously didn't play on Veeshan
Quellious. Our pre-Bazaar was the EC tunnel. Specifically, the big sellers stood around T3 (the third torch from the beginning of the tunnel). I assumed that's where all servers' trading economies were.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Your assumption was wrong.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

NFP behind jades or at the sewer entrance was infinitely more entertaining than anything that ever occurred in the bazaar. The game lost a little of its charm when they implemented the bazaar. Even so, I can't believe that they haven't added offline brokers to the game yet. Modernization aside, I would think that it would be worth their while for no other reason than to not have zombie traders soaking bandwidth and system resources around the clock.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I miss trading One Two-Handed Mithril Sword for two Yaks and then making a killing selling or trading the Yaks.

I miss having a full set of Rubicite to wear around just for the hell of it.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I could go into NFP with nothing and come out with 500p. I could spend hours in that place and never be bored. I loved North Freeport.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Xatrei wrote:The game lost a little of its charm when they implemented the bazaar.
I'd go back before then.. When Kunark came out, people started hanging out more often in Firiona Vie than NFP. Which kind of sucked because at the time the only way to FV was a boat ride or a port to DL and a long run. At least when the Bazaar came out it was a somewhat easier/faster place to get to (Nexus ports). It did suck initially zoning into the Bazaar and having instant 5 fps lag forcing you to look at the ground in order to move. (Or all the characters standing at the zone line blocking the way in or out)

imo the Freeport redesign is still, by far, the worst zone redesign in EQ's history. Not because the original holds a special place in memory, but because the zone layout truly sucks.