Hogwarts Legacy

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hogwarts Legacy

Post by Winnow »

What an amazing game.

The attention to detail in this game is incredible. The world is full of life. Nothing about this game feels generic. The look and feel of individual places are all unique and even things like stores in the town have so much detail and animated things that are only for show and didnt need to be there but add to the atmosphere. The one negative I've heard is maybe a lack of diversity in mobs later on.

The spell casting system feels satisfying and the 23 spells useful with some primary ones you use quite often. You have 4 permanent spells and then can slot 4 other ones.

Feels like it's impossible to find everything in this game. After getting out of Hogwarts and being able to explore the outdoor world I found myself wandering off and discovering things. I don't feel a rush to finish the main story.

I shouldn't need to mention this but for any woke fags, there are no genders in the game and everything his genderless in the voice acting. Congrats woke people! No one gets to pick male or female. It doesn't impact anything though. You can look female or male but we don't actually know what you are because that might offend the woke losers that love to bitch about anything. So instead of he or her you get "them" in dialog.

If you're a Harry Potter fan this is a no brainer buy but amazing even if you didnt know a thing about that world. If you're all upset over JK Rowlings anti trans comments, go fuck yourselves because this game is a blockbuster hit and your bitching won't do a thing. If Hitler wrote Lord of the Rings would the books automatically suck just because he write them? I think not!

Focusing on the game, it's a true AAA game from top to bottom. Graphics, Audio, Game play, effects, things to do/explore/collect. Well done. Two games in a row Marvel Midnight Suns (somewhat niche game for card/turn based fans) and this game have been winners.

There are no consequences in the story for how you respond and play the game so you can play on darker or lighter side if you want and not worry about it. You might get access to some powerful spells if you follow the dark arts that could help with combat later on. Game has story/easy/normal/hard modes to accommodate all types except non binaries who might be upset they have to choose one.

Posting this after about 2 hours or so of playing. Will update if opinion changes later.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Hogwarts Legacy

Post by Spang »

J.K. Rowling is an openly transphobic bigot who will benefit financially from the success of this game.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Unless she is getting royalties on the game sales, which as far as I know nobody knows, she's already made her money from licensing it.

Do your boycott if you want, which I have no problem with, but I seriously doubt you're hurting her financially at all.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

As a billionaire, J.K. Rowling will never be struggling financially. Rowling uses her platform to cause harm to trans people. I’d rather not contribute to that.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

As I said, do what you want. I have no problems with that. We all have things we don't wish to tolerate. For example I personally boycott Papa Johns but I'm not out yelling on Twitter or Facebook telling other people to do the same.

I'm fine with anyone having whatever opinions they want. What I'm not a fan of it when others try to foist their opinions on me or others. You (the royal 'you') have a certain viewpoint that's great. But when that leads to harassment or shaming of others because they don't align with you that's done gone too far.

I won't be playing the game but that's mainly because I don't like Harry Potter in general.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The former CEO of Papa Johns is a racist piece of shit, but J.K. Rowling wants to eradicate an entire group of people. When a person buys her books, adapted movies and games, and other merchandise, they’re contributing to the violence against trans people.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I have nothing against trans people unless it comes to sports.

For trans people all we need to do is:

-add a third bathroom: Men/Women/Trans
-add a third sports category Men/Women/Trans

Maybe 4 bathrooms if non binaries want to identify as special as well.

Trans dudes that convert into chicks have no place competing in women's sports. The only thing I can think of that would be fair would be that only trans people that converted BEFORE going through puberty can participate in whatever gender they end up being. How many trans chicks that turn into dudes do you see in sports?

If Mike Tyson in his prime decided to be a women, do you think it would be fair for him to compete against female boxers? Fuck no. Trans need to stop their bitching about ANYTHING to do with sports. Be whatever you want to be but maybe the fairest thing would be to have no separate sports. No separate mens and women's categories. That's the only "fair" thing to do then you can easily add in trans/non binaries and whatever else comes along. Mens World Cup Soccer pulled in 7 BILLION in revenue. Womens pulled in 300 Million...and yet women in sports want equal pay? Follow the money trail people. When it comes to sports, people just don't give a shit about most female sports unless they are wearing skimpy uniforms or doing the splits.

Check out some videos on charity. People don't give money because they care, it's because it makes them feel good. It's an actual checmical reaction in the brain that happens when you donate that makes you feel good, it's not because you care about some skinny kid in africa. Also, no one gives a shit about the earthquake in Turkey, but when they focused on a baby born under the rubble, there were thousands of people that offered to adopt it (probably only half of them pedos). When those beggar commercials come on TV, you always see "here's lil joey, and see a pic of a kid with flies on his head" They do that because "adopt a poor kid in poor country" gets them more money because most don't give a shit in general and won't donate to an overall crisis.

We live in a society of whiners. It appears there is finally some push back on all of this cancel culture, "me too" ridiculousness. Soccer moms are worst thing ever. I've seen enough black female doctors on TV that could barely form a sentence and looked like they should be selling crack because Disney needed to fill a square and make sure every race, gender, handicap is included in every fucking show and not because they actually fit the role (regardless of gender/race). Cue the inevitable fags kissing scene.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Without googling, please list off all of the trans athletes who are currently dominating their respective sports.

I’ll wait.

Not that your Kid Dynamite hypothetical makes any sense, but most professional sports are okay with their athletes beating women, so long as they don’t kneel during the national anthem.

You really do have a problem with trans people, but you’ve always been a bigot. You’re a pathetic, sad man.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Spang wrote: March 2, 2023, 4:00 am Without googling, please list off all of the trans athletes who are currently dominating their respective sports.

I’ll wait.

Not that your Kid Dynamite hypothetical makes any sense, but most professional sports are okay with their athletes beating women, so long as they don’t kneel during the national anthem.

You really do have a problem with trans people, but you’ve always been a bigot. You’re a pathetic, sad man.

Now there's something we can agree on.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote: March 2, 2023, 4:00 am You really do have a problem with trans people, but you’ve always been a bigot. You’re a pathetic, sad man.
No problem with trans/non binary/gay etc.

Problem is with this:
A USA Swimming official who resigned in protest of transgender swimmer Lia Thomas — who has been shattering women’s records at the University of Pennsylvania — has doubled down on her objection to “biological men” in the sport.

Cynthia Millen, who had officiated USA Swimming meets for three decades, stepped down ahead of the U.S. Paralympics Swimming National Championships in Greensboro, North Carolina, earlier this month.

She argued that Thomas, 22, has an unfair advantage over female athletes after coming out as transgender in 2019 following three years on the men’s team at Penn.

Thomas has smashed several Penn records this season — with one teammate finishing in second place in the 1,650-meter freestyle some 38 second behind her.
Justify it.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Here’s a quote from an article:
"It is easy to see how dominant
[Show]
Kate Douglass
has become in the sport," wrote Swimming World. "Many dominant swimmers have had three titles, and even three records, in one meet. But no swimmer in NCAA women’s history has ever won three different strokes in a single meet that involve the breaststroke, let alone three records."
The swimmer mentioned above competed with Lia Thomas and dominated, breaking 18 records in overall competition. A total of 27 collegiate records were broken in all and none of them by Lia Thomas.

Trans athletes do not have an unfair advantage and are not dominating athletics.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

trans athletes do not have an unfair advantage and are not dominating athletics.
So are you saying that if Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime decided to convert to trans and be a woman, he would have no advantage over female bodybuilders? I want a straight (no pun intended) "yes" from you to that question to judge your level of insanity.

And a follow up question, should Arnold (he/she/it) be able to compete fairly vs women after the conversion? I don't have to ask the reverse because a woman converting to a man would have zero chance in most physical sports.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

You don’t have to keep asking these dumbass hypotheticals. Here’s the list of all male athletes who only transitioned because they thought they could get a leg up on the competition. Because not only did they have zero respect for women athletes and considered them inferior, but they also thought trans people had nefarious reasons for being trans.
[Show]

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote: February 24, 2023, 6:07 pm The former CEO of Papa Johns is a racist piece of shit, but J.K. Rowling wants to eradicate an entire group of people. When a person buys her books, adapted movies and games, and other merchandise, they’re contributing to the violence against trans people.
I'm already not buying it. What more do you want from me?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The solution for all of this gender stuff is to have neutral everything...sports, bathrooms, etc. It screws over women but the ultimate goal of the woke movement is as little diversity as possible so neutral everything is the answer. You no longer need to figure out what bathroom to use and everyone competes in the same sports leagues.

The problem with the woke/cancel culture is that everything is offensive to someone. You end up with a lifeless world where people are scared to do anything because it is guaranteed to offend someone. These woke people can't laugh at themselves. Take Stephen Hawking as your example. That guy was dealt worse cards than you and he could always laugh at himself. Quit being such pussies.

I still can't believe Aunt Jemima got removed from my syrup bottle. When I looked at a bottle of syrup I saw a friendly smiling lady, I'm pretty sure only the woke losers saw a slave. Thank god we have legions of white middle aged moms looking out for everyone.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Cancel culture isn’t real. What you’re witnessing are people refusing to evolve, but no one’s careers are being ruined if they don't. Also, being woke simply means that you are aware of the injustices happening around you.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote: March 11, 2023, 9:21 pm Cancel culture isn’t real. What you’re witnessing are people refusing to evolve, but no one’s careers are being ruined if they don't. Also, being woke simply means that you are aware of the injustices happening around you.
The issue with cancel culture is exactly that. It's a combination of a billion peons like you who combine for million different things they have issues with and there's always enough for each issue to get it cancelled even if not the majority so you end up slowly cutting down on diversity until you end up with some sort of Orwellian society where nothing is acceptable and you end up with exactly 1 white women, 1 black guy in an "intelligent role", 2 fags or lesbians having sex scene, 1 crippled person per show plus or minus some other minority/trans etc.

No one would specifically say "I'm part of the cancel culture!". All of these soccer moms really think they are making a difference and that their specific cause is just. Being "woke" means being over sensitive most of the time. I'm sure that whoever complained and was so offended about Aunt Jemima being on a syrup bottle really thought that it mattered...but the majority...didn't give a shit and liked to see the smiling lady on their bottle of syrup. In general, most of these "woke" people are guaranteed to be doing multiple "unacceptable to someone" things but they are hell bent on getting whatever bothers them the most cancelled. It's a circle jerk of cancellation and each circumstance a minority of people with big fucking whining voices or "netizens" that are ruining our society.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Quit your bellyaching. It’s just a syrup bottle. PepsiCo, the soda company that couldn’t compete with Coke so they bought Taco Bell, KFC and Pizza Hut in order to sell their shitty product, made the decision because it was good for business, not because of some organized campaign.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The untold story of the real 'Aunt Jemima' and the fight to preserve her legacy

Bring back Aunt Jemima! Overreacting woke people spoil everything.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I sympathize with you. I remember when the look of my favorite coffee creamer changed slightly. It was devastating. Just know that it does get better.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I think both sides are getting out of control. The Right is throwing around "Woke" way too much. The word doesn't even mean anything anymore.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The folks on the right don’t want people to know what “woke” means. It would be more difficult to sell the public on the idea that they should oppose it if they used an accurate definition, which no one who opposes it ever does.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It comes down to every little issue being blown out of proportion and the "soccer moms" of the world taking up the cause, regardless of if they actually researched the topic in depth to know if what they are protesting is actually a cut and dry bad or good thing. The issue with "wokeness" is that due to it being fragmented into a billion pieces, every person (Spang) don't think each of the individual issues is a big deal but collectively they are tearing society apart. The instead of addressing the issue it gets deflected into "define woke" arguments.

The answer is basically people need to be less fucking pussies and letting every little thing impact them. It's a cleansing going on without much thought behind it because on the small scope, the "woke" moron things they are in the right. OMG a black dude getting beat on the street. That's bad! Take the time and try a different news source and you'll see those are cherry picked instances. Plenty of white and asians etc getting beat on the street. (or asian or female (trans but CNN calls them a woman, lol) mass shooters) It's just not fashionable to call it out right now. Defund the police!..another moronic response. Go back to those "black lives matter" fund raising organizations from 2020 and you'll see they were just about all corrupt. My problem is these soccer moms (Spang etc) don't take the time to think things through. Aunt Jemima on a syrup bottle....what!?!221 that's so wrong, take that fat black lady off the syrup bottle immediately!

Related to this, the article about digital "Blackface" recently posted on CNN is fucking hilarious. What a fucking joke...so should blacks not imitate white people? If we see a black person speaking intelligently with clear diction should be call them out and tell them to talk like black people? Such useless articles and amazingly people believe that shit. Don't be digital whitefacing by speaking clearly or speaking like a redneck!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Trans-Woman's Powerlifting Record Broken By Man to Prove a Point. New World Record.

Women's sports is heading for the shitter due to those that approve them participating in sports based on how they
identify." Idiots (Spang)

Identify however the fuck you want but that doesn't include sports...because at that point, unlike religion and other crazy stuff, science plays a part.

Previous Trans record 270lbs, She-Man's new female record 370lbs lol. Who knows what a biological woman's record was. It's nowhere near that though. Grats women on being completely fucked over by the trans inclusive movement...not even trans anymore, anyone can identify as anything....so we need a single sports category since you can't really categorize anymore.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Digital blackface is when a white person creates an account on social media claiming to be a Black person. These people are almost always conservative or fascist, not that there’s much of a difference these days. There was one instance where someone started their tweet with “as a gay black man”, but they weren’t logged into their “black” account when they sent it.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote: April 3, 2023, 6:13 pm Digital blackface is when a white person creates an account on social media claiming to be a Black person. These people are almost always conservative or fascist, not that there’s much of a difference these days. There was one instance where someone started their tweet with “as a gay black man”, but they weren’t logged into their “black” account when they sent it.
Sounds like a different definition that CNN gives

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/26/us/digit ... index.html
If you’re still not sure how to define digital blackface, Jackson offers a guide. She says it “includes displays of emotion stereotyped as excessive: so happy, so sassy, so ghetto, so loud… our dial is on 10 all the time — rarely are black characters afforded subtle traits or feelings.”

Many White people choose images of Black people when it comes to expressing exaggerated emotions on social media – a burden that Black people didn’t ask for, she says.
Dumbest thing ever. Like black people don't use white references or asian etc. It's being oversensitive as usual.

"so happy" is a black reference? Jesus.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

It’s CNN. That’s kind of their thing. I wouldn’t lose much sleep over it. Be the leaf and let that shit roll right off you.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

So, is Kid Rock woke? Is he a soccer mom? Because he recently emptied a magazine on a few cases of Bud Light.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kid Rock? He's just an idiot. Same for Ted Nugent.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Based on Winnow’s bullshit definitions, Kid Rick absolutely is a woke soccer mom. A delicate snowflake.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote: April 6, 2023, 8:00 pm Based on Winnow’s bullshit definitions, Kid Rick absolutely is a woke soccer mom. A delicate snowflake.
If his face was on a syrup bottle I'd demand it be taken off.