Diablo 3!!

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Diablo 3!!

Post by Animalor »

6 hours to go.. I have the game purchased, installed and ready to go.

This may have been my first ever full price digital-download only game...
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Diablo 3!!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I was going to grab this tonight at best buy, but earlier today I remembered my authenticator was on my old iPhone, and the phone broke so I couldn't remove it. Had to fill out the form on the site to have it removed today, who knows how long that will take. Sucky.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

If you have the recovery code from your old setup, you can just re-download the app and to a restore. I've done that from ly old Windows Phone to the new one and it works great. If you don't have the recovery code though, you have to go through them.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I don't have it. I'll definitely make sure to write it down this time though. I'll probably still grab it at midnight tonight so I can install it and be ready to go.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I am so excited
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

who wants to adventure with me?!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Possibly if best buy has stock or if I can DL. Sounds fun.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Once I get my battle.net account in order, I'll be down to play with whoever. I forget what my nickname or whatever is but I'll post it.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Fuck blizzard. I got to character creation about 3 minutes after launch, and my friends took another 15 to finally get there. None of us have been able to make a character yet.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

the launcher is telling me I am downloading at 2.2 mb/sec but it has been about 2 hours and I have at 0.7 gigs done.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

You motherfuckers had weeks to DL the client and get your shit sorted out! (I didn't DL either, just doing a disc install when my CE arrives today). No complaining allowed!

Funk-same thing happened with me when I went swimming with my previous Iphone. It took a day or two if I recall. When I upgraded iphones it only took a couple of minutes of messing around to figure it out.

I'll post my info as soon as I get the game installed. I am down for some VV clicky adventuring! It likely won't arrive until after I leave for work and I'll be home late tonight :(

I should be able to play a lot this weekend though. Don't blast through this too quickly and leave me in the dust!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Add me

My Battletag

Kenshiro#2389
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I got on for like 25 minutes before the gym this morning, so far it's pretty fun!

If I made it to level 3 and finished the first quest in story mode, will a friend who hasn't been on yet be able to join right up with me? I forget how all this works.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

So the single player game is ~6 hours long? And apparently some Koreans are already on Nightmare Act 3.

Rumor is that the bosses don't gain any new abilities as the difficulty rises. Which begs the question, why would anyone fucking bother playing the exact same game again?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

masteen wrote:So the single player game is ~6 hours long? And apparently some Koreans are already on Nightmare Act 3.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... -3-already

Level 32 Barbarian Yoshichan posted his final game statistics on NeoGAF, having finished the action role-player on the Normal difficulty setting in 12 hours and 29 minutes.
The game's servers only went live at 11pm last night in the UK. That's good going.
Yoshichan's verdict: "Frenzy baba with lots and lots of mobility and defensive skills - 415 dps unbuffed, ~700 dps buffed."
Diablo 3 has four difficulty levels: Normal, Nightmare, Hell and Inferno. And it has the hardcore character option, which means if you die, your character, no matter the level, dies forever.
What's next for Yoshichan? "All right guys, wish me all good luck in nightmare!" he posted. "Going for it asap. It's actually starting to get warm in the bunker now that I think about it."
As a point of reference, a person could complete the beta in about 30-40 minutes. My first time solo took me about 4 hours because I was reading every quest and listening to all the dialogue. If Yoshi rushed through and it took 12.5 hours, I'm thinking it will take me around 20ish to beat the first time on normal.

Also, a Korean player has already finished Nightmare, but they had a head start from the timezone.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Beta took me under an hour, because the dialog bored me. Which is strange, because I love it in swtor.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Aggregate user score on Metacritic is 3.7

:lol:
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

masteen wrote:Beta took me under an hour, because the dialog bored me. Which is strange, because I love it in swtor.
Oh, then you'll beat the game in 20 minutes. Don't even bother.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Here's my Battletag - Anirask#1786
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

miir wrote:Aggregate user score on Metacritic is 3.7

10$ says that's nerdhurt because of the requirement for an internet connection..
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Animalor wrote:

10$ says that's nerdhurt because of the requirement for an internet connection..
Google error 37

kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I dunno what people were expecting. It took about 12 hours to beat Diablo 2 on normal. Normal is a stepping stone. The game isn't even interesting until Hell I bet.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

oops
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It should be even less than that. Not a single panty flash!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

kyoukan wrote:I dunno what people were expecting. It took about 12 hours to beat Diablo 2 on normal. Normal is a stepping stone. The game isn't even interesting until Hell I bet.
I was expecting that, but if the bosses don't evolve with the difficulty, will that really be the case?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yesterday before the game could even be played it was at 3.3. So that means it has actually gone up since the game went live! There have been 1 start reviews on Amazon for 6 months. I think that speaks volumes about the nerdrage going on at Metacritc and Amazon right now.

My CE is sitting at home waiting for me!
Larst
No Stars!

Post by Larst »

make make make make make make make make make make make make make make make make make make make make make make make make make make
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Fairweather Pure wrote:

Yesterday before the game could even be played it was at 3.3. So that means it has actually gone up since the game went live! There have been 1 start reviews on Amazon for 6 months. I think that speaks volumes about the nerdrage going on at Metacritc and Amazon right now.

Way to completely miss the irony of the 3.7 score.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

:vv_yeahthat:
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:

Way to completely miss the irony of the 3.7 score.
You just missed my counter-irony, that's all.

Fairweather#1208
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

So in other words, you don't get it
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

So I notice that there's a hardcore mode, wherein your character dies a permanent death. Is there some advantage that goes along with that, or is it just for masochists?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:So I notice that there's a hardcore mode, wherein your character dies a permanent death. Is there some advantage that goes along with that, or is it just for masochists?
I just assumed it was a way for the ultra nerds to cock joust. I could be wrong, though.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I would imagine your name shows up differently in hardcore mode, but I don't know for sure.

And let's be honest, the level 80+ guy with a red-text screenname is going to get some respect. And all the ladies.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I haven't heard how pvp is going to work yet, but of someone can just pop into your game there's no fucking way I'll bother with hardcore.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Its an enjoyable game, but honestly, first impression is that I like Dungeon Siege 3 better. Lack of real choice for character design and only one stat meaning anything (weapon damage) is really depressing. And, yeah fuck their stupid DRM shit when my wife and I are in the same room playing together and we are lagged as fuck because we have to go through BNet to play.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Hardcore achievements also award more banner options
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Jice Virago wrote:Its an enjoyable game, but honestly, first impression is that I like Dungeon Siege 3 better. Lack of real choice for character design and only one stat meaning anything (weapon damage) is really depressing.
The stats on other items mean plenty and some of the more mundane ones affect your spells and skills a great deal (like gold pick up radius). I have not played Dungeon Siege 3. I'll keep an eye out for a sale. My wife loves to play games like this with me.

The game has a great deal of options and strategy IMO. I just swapped my templar for a ranged guy with a crossbow. He slows stuff and works from a distance allowing my Witch Doctor to pile on the dmg and run away as required. I just got exploding toads and that changes everything about my character from the ground up. My first passive skill allows zombie dogs to appear from the dead, so I was able to drop the summon zombie dogs skill and swap in a new one, greatly altering the synergy between my 4 active skills. My Dire bat skill rune was another big game changer for me. Each little step broadens my options and alters my play style little by little. I imagine that once you get to the top it will be clear how crazy this game can get in terms of customization, similar to how WoW works.

Elective Mode is turned off by default. When you are in the game, go into options and check this box! It removes the restrictions on equipping and binding skills by discipline.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Having a blast dropping the mega church bells on mobs with my monk! It's also hard to give up my rune that allows me to teleport to my target on normal attack.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

There is huge meaning to stats just like every RPG out there. I can see where you think only the DPS means anything right now, but once you are trying to go through Inferno with no defense or resists, you are going to be in serious trouble.

Even just the skills and runes you get leveling up, you can build to suit your style more. As a wiz, I can spec my shit to be death from afar or up close and personal. I fully intended to just run every item I could find with the bonuses to finding magic items, but after actually getting smoked a few times by some uniques and other various large groups I decided it might be time to go for a real spec. Kind of glad they have some difficult encounters even in the early acts of the game.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

I have the elective on. I just do not like the loss of the trees and no choice in stat progression. I mean, yeah you can select from among runes that your character has, but thats it. With every single skill keying off of weapon damage (and tanking being non existant at harder levels), you basically slot as much damage as you can, secondary to all other characteristics. The slot machine crafting system can blow me too. I am sure that was put in specifically to gin up AH sales. I guess the lack of need for respeccing is nice, but its a huge turnoff for people who like to tinker with their character builds like my wife and I.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

MIIR#1686
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

The voice acting in this game is embarrassingly bad.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Need more friend codes from VV!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Jice Virago wrote:I have the elective on. I just do not like the loss of the trees and no choice in stat progression. I mean, yeah you can select from among runes that your character has, but thats it. With every single skill keying off of weapon damage (and tanking being non existant at harder levels), you basically slot as much damage as you can, secondary to all other characteristics. The slot machine crafting system can blow me too. I am sure that was put in specifically to gin up AH sales. I guess the lack of need for respeccing is nice, but its a huge turnoff for people who like to tinker with their character builds like my wife and I.
I don't think you're even playing the same game that everyone else plays.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I was watching a friend dork around on this last night, and I asked him what the biggest improvement in D3 was, and he thought for a minute and his answer was "Well, you can zoom in on your character." And then he got disconnected and lost like 40 minutes of progression.

It seems like most of the time and innovation in this game went into the RMAH. Not exactly a development cycle I want to support.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Well, I never would have bought it if it were not bundled into the "Annual Pass" for WoW.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I didn't really have much interest in Diablo 3 to begin with but the always on DRM (for single player, even!) was definitely the factor that pushed me to not even consider purchasing this product. A lot of people whine and complain about it yet they bought it anyway. Suckers. Boycott! Although I don't think they have anything to worry about as I'm sure they will still sell millions of copies and make many millions of dollars regardless.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Dandelo#1212
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Boogahz wrote:I don't think you're even playing the same game that everyone else plays.
Care to elaborate on that a bit? I mean, even comparing it to D2, its kind of a step back in customizing. In D2 you picked what stats to increase and what skills to advance in the tree. This game soes everything and its just a matter of what skill you want to use at the time, not what you selected as you leveled. The entire treadmill in this game is gear grinding and all abilities revolve around the weapon damage stat. What am I off base on exactly?

Dwight Eisenhower