E3 - 2019

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

E3 - 2019

Post by Winnow »

Sony has some incredibly lame flute playing dude on stage last year and then doesn't even show up this year.

Microsoft has Keanu freaking Reeves!

Cyberpunk 2077 Full Presentation With Keanu Reeves | Microsoft Xbox E3 2019

I don't think Sony could find a way to make their E3 show any worse so they stayed home...from orchestra one year to flute playing dude the...they would have had to break out the mimes to top that crap this year!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: E3 - 2019

Post by Aslanna »

Your lame trolling seriously doesn't get old for you? I could see if you were in your 20s or something but you are surely in your 40s at this point. Maybe some day you will grow up but today isn't that day.

Grats MS on a super boring 2 hour conference and on advertising a game I'll be able to play just fine on my PS4/PS5. Where was all the first party hype? Oh yeah, another Halo.. Forza.. Gears of War... I didn't watch it myself.. but did they say "EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE!!!" or something stupid before every trailer like they have in the past?

/twirl
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I wish I was still in my 40's! I admit, it was kind of a half hearted flame. Microsoft's presentation was pretty dull (except for Cyberpunk 2077). At least it wasn't really bad like Sony's attempt at an artsy fartsy conference last year, completely out of touch with the target audience for video games.

Both Sony and Microsoft still spend way too much time showing stupid pixelated crap indy games. I compare it to every TV show that comes out having to have at least one LGBT couple. Overdone.

The Avenger's game looks horrible.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I was happy to see new footage/get release dates for Cyberpunk and the first game in the FF7 remake. I really don't want one, but I may end up getting a stadia to play Baldur's Gate 3 if it turns out as good as I think it will, because a new computer isn't going to be in the budget anytime soon and I'm not waiting a year for it to be on consoles.

Indies usually interest me more and at this point more of my very limited gaming time is spent playing them than big releases.

That's about all that interested me out of the entire ordeal.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

With Unreal engine along with a host of other engines that you can use as a developer for cheap, there's absolutely no reason to have pixelated crap graphics. You can make a simple-minded game without making the graphics look like complete crap these days. I enjoyed my C-64 days but no fucking way do I want to play games today with those blocky graphics.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

To each their own. I don't mind them at all, and for certain games it feels like the right fit. Graphics have slid way down the importance scale for me in recent years.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:To each their own. I don't mind them at all, and for certain games it feels like the right fit. Graphics have slid way down the importance scale for me in recent years.
get lasik or maybe need presbyopia setting in and you need reading/computer glasses to see the pixels. They may look smooth to you due to blurred vision.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

He never said he didn't see the pixels.. Just that they didn't bother him.

Hint... Everything you see on your computer/console is made up of pixels!

But hey if you don't enjoy games with retro style graphics nothing says you have to play them. There are plenty of other games out there for you.

Also, just because you don't have to spend a lot of time/money on the engine doesn't make a game with high-end graphics 'cheap'. You sound pretty dumb when you make statements like that. Get some perspective over there!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I played around with "sprites" etc making basic games, etc on the C-64 in the early 1980's. My first pre-Atari 2600 console was basically "Pong" two rectangles and a square pixel. As with 240 res, 360 res and 480 res videos, they had their time but I don't really want to watch them if the capability of higher res is out there. My eyes may start to deteriorate at some point, but for now, I even appreciate 1080p over 720p and can see the difference.

I have never understood minecraft. Just looking at a minecraft screen makes me want to vomit.

I suppose lego games might be a good example. Those games look dumb and kind of chunky but at least have a little style.

Indy games are a check box that Sony and Microsoft feel compelled to check at E3. Maybe release a video before or after the show, although I guess I'd rather see those than some dude playing a flute bathed in mood lighting on stage.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sony will skip E3 again this year, a major blow to the annual video game conference in a year that will also see the release of the next PlayStation. Instead, the corporation will hold its own events throughout the year to talk about the next-gen PlayStation 5.

“We have great respect for the ESA as an organization, but we do not feel the vision of E3 2020 is the right venue for what we are focused on this year,” a spokesperson told GamesIndustry.biz.
Nintendo has been doing their own thing for years.. EA does their own thing. MS has their own location even if they are still in the normal E3 'schedule'. What's left, Ubisoft? I guess Bethesda still does something... for some reason.

E3 is no longer relevant. SAD!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I would prefer a big week of news without a conference. The only entertaining parts of E3 lately have been CD Projekt Red and their great presentations at Microsoft regarding Cyberpunk 2077. E3 helps the smaller developers more than anything else since they can't hold their own conferences.

This year will be even more focused on the big two (Microsoft/Sony) with their new console releases. I really hope Sony breaks out the flute players again and maybe creates a zen garden out of their stage because that screams excitement to their gamer target audience!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:This year will be even more focused on the big two (Microsoft/Sony) with their new console releases. I really hope Sony breaks out the flute players again and maybe creates a zen garden out of their stage because that screams excitement to their gamer target audience!
/yawn

It was a shakuhachi. And I'd rather listen to that than another trailer with "XBOX AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE!!1" blaring before it.

I don't think Sony will be doing anything with "their stage" as, indicated in my post above, they won't be there.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

All you have to do is google Cyberpunk 2077 E3 reaction to see what gamers like and gets them pumped up. While Cyberpunk 2077 isn't a Microsoft exclusive, they knew enough to feature the game and let CD Projekt Red have fun with the presentation (2018 was hacked intro to the preview) (2019 Keanu Reeves surprise guest). Sony just doesn't get how to present to gamers. They want to make it some modern art abstract thing. When it comes to gaming, I want fun, action, excitement, not an orchestra and flutes playing to intro trailers with impressive landscapes with flowers.

Nintendo knows their audience as well. Their conferences look like they were made for retarded kids. Perfect for their target audience.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The biggest show in video games is skipping a year. E3 2020 is cancelled as a result of the Covid-19 coronavirus that is currently spreading across the globe, the organizers of the conference said today.

“After careful consultation with our member companies regarding the health and safety of everyone in our industry—our fans, our employees, our exhibitors and our longtime E3 partners—we have made the difficult decision to cancel E3 2020, scheduled for June 9-11 in Los Angeles,” the Entertainment Software Association, the video game lobbyist group that runs the trade show, said in a statement today.

The ESA added that it will be looking “to coordinate an online experience to showcase industry announcements and news in June 2020.”

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Official Bear market as well as of today. Not Trump's fault! COVID/Oil the cause.

COVID-19 stuff pretty serious. Officially declared a pandemic today.

Good call not having E3. They should hold a virtual E3 instead though.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sony had it right!

It sucks though that every other company is telling its employees to work from home except for mine.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah everything is cancelled. You couldn't get me to go to a big gathering with this shit going on right now anyway. Luckily I already work from home full time, so no adjustment needed there.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

RIP E3 (1995-2019).

--