Coachella

Music/concert reviews and discussion

Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Coachella

Post by Gzette »

was freaking awesome. I highly recommend that everyone go to this festival in the California desert. It was my first time and I am positive I'll be back next year. What an incredible line-up (um Rage Against the Machine!).

Best performance goes to Bjork who rocked my face off. I'm not even a big fan, and I've seen my share of good shows. Wow just wow. She had an all female 10 piece brass section and rearranged all her songs for the horns. Also she had the most incredible mixing board I have ever seen and some bizarre thing called a reacTable. When I have time I'll post more info on that.

Also supremely awesome was Peaches, Girl Talk, Interpol (super awesome!), Cansei de Ser Sexy (CSS), and ARCADE FIRE!!!!!!!

so many acts, so much debauchery, so much eye candy

wow
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

the reactable

the guy picks up the blocks with the symbols on them and arranges them. im not sure exactly how it works but you adjust the sound by turning the blocks.

there also was a touch screen mixing table too that was shown on the screens flanking the stage that was quite cool too. its inspiring to see that an act like her, which uses so much electronically produced sound, doest just throw on a cd.
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS