Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Stephen Marley - Mind Control

Post by Funkmasterr »

His debut solo album is amazing, it comes out in stores on the 20th of this month and will be one of the rare albums I actually spend money on.

It has a nice blend of more upbeat/dancehall type songs, and a good handful of more classic raggae tracks, if you like raggae music at all I would suggest at least giving this a shot.

Edit: I also can't seem to find a torrent that someone will actually fucking seed for this cd, so if anyone else does please let me know. (I know the cd is only a few days away but I don't want to wait !)
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

anyone find this on torrents or dc hubs, yet?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

posted on alt.binaries.boneless 6.3 days ago. also posted in alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.complete_cd around the same time.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I found a torrent that there are actually seeding (I will keep seeding it for a while)

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1070555/7082920/
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Torrent is downloading very quickly. Thanks.

I'll continue to seed for at least 48 hours.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Have you got a chance to listen to it Kev? Let me know what you think.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm going to see Stephen and Damien Marley this Sunday, I'm really excited - I'll post here on how it was.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Have only listened it once, but it's definitely a good, solid album. I wish the song w/ Mos Def had a bit more depth to it, it doesn't seem to really showcase either of their talents (though it's still a pretty good song).

Stephen's voice is great. He sounds so much like his father, who is pretty much a god to me. I find myself starting to imagine this album is a 2007 release by Bob himself, which is like a dream come true.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I went to the concert this past weekend and it was amazing. The opening group actually wasn't bad - I was quite surprised. He was a somalian rapper named K'naan. He reminded me of the roots quite a bit actually.

Then onto the main performance, it lasted about 2 hours, half of which damien marley was out on the stage with stephen. Stephen went through a bunch of his new cd first, and did a few of his dad's songs. Then once damien came out they did "welcome to jamrock" first which was awesome, then went on to do a bunch of songs from his cd, and they did a few of their dads songs together as well.

They were both amazing live - they are very lively on stage, always moving and jumping and dancing - and what amazed me the most was how well they carried their voices while doing that stuff.. Particularly Damien - it literally sounded like you were listening to his cd even when he was running around and jumping as high as he could.

Overall I would say it was one of the best shows I have ever seen and I will definately not be missing either of them when they come to town from now on.

If you like raggae at all and haven't listened to both of their cd's I would highly suggest it.