does not annoy you when he announces his presence in all of his songs
5%

Total votes: 19

Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Mike Jones

Post by Leonaerd »

Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones.

I am a rapper now.

Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones Mike Jones
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Not only does he annoy me when he constantly spews his name in songs, but the fact that he repeats every other sentence he says is also annoying, not to mention the fact that he will then use those exact same words in another song.

However, the new Clipse, Jay Z, 2pac and Snoop cd's are all pretty good! Rap needed a few good cd's after the way the past year has been.
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

I heard Jay-Z rhymes 'recording' with 'recording' on that new album. Who is he, Fred Durst? Maybe I don't have enough street cred or something to understand it, but I've always thought rhyming a word with itself is pretty fucking lazy.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

Tell that to Nelly who rhymes "nigger" with "nigger" in country grammar about 14 times, and yet it still sounds alright.

The best rap CD ive picked up this past year was Biggy Duets. I continually listen to that all the way through.

Encore by Eminem was a great CD as well and the new Ludacris CD has a some good material on it.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

i always thought it was a hip-hop thing to advertise who you are, who you are colaberating with and what record company you represent in every song.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

What is mike jones?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Seemingly a rapper with the most average dull everyman name in the world and proud of it.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Mike Jones
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Who?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Mike Jones, Jones
StupidMcDupid
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by StupidMcDupid »

Mike Jones is a bad rapper,but isn't a bad promoter.
No one likes Dike Jones from Texas ever since Chamillionaire proved he was a fraud in the undergroung game.Download/Purchase Mixtape Messiah,Chamillionaire wrecks this faggot in just about every song.
I didnt have no dates at homecoming,thats cause i had your girl naked in my home cumming.

She was looking at it like, "that isn''t gonna fit", u want a smaller size go and rent a plastic dick.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

really good fucking post dipshit.
Fuck Michigan!
StupidMcDupid
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by StupidMcDupid »

yea,sure nigga.
I didnt have no dates at homecoming,thats cause i had your girl naked in my home cumming.

She was looking at it like, "that isn''t gonna fit", u want a smaller size go and rent a plastic dick.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Is there any particular reason you are riding chamillionaire's dick so damn hard? I won't even get into the fact that most rap from the south right now is a major contributor to hip hop being dead just like Nas said... I don't mind it once in a while, but for fucks sake I'm sick of hearing about grills and rims - NO ONE CARES.

That being said there has been some good rap out lately - Redman's new cd comes to mind.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

There's a reason that rap from the East/West/South is different. I, for one, cannot stand Redman or most other East Coast cRap for more than one or two songs before I feel the need to detox.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:There's a reason that rap from the East/West/South is different. I, for one, cannot stand Redman or most other East Coast cRap for more than one or two songs before I feel the need to detox.
But would you make the argument that the south is producing better rap music (overall) then the east coast right now? The west coast is pretty much irrelevant because there is next to no rap music coming from there the past 5 years.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Boogahz wrote:There's a reason that rap from the East/West/South is different. I, for one, cannot stand Redman or most other East Coast cRap for more than one or two songs before I feel the need to detox.
But would you make the argument that the south is producing better rap music (overall) then the east coast right now? The west coast is pretty much irrelevant because there is next to no rap music coming from there the past 5 years.
yes, I would make that argument. I think you would see my point as valid if you recognize that there are differences in taste based on the region. People around here probably wouldn't like much "New York" rap, just like people in the Northeast may not like most Houston/New Orleans/Memphis rap. For instance, screw is still damn big around Texas, but in other regions it isn't anywhere near as big. Heck, some people barely know it exists!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
yes, I would make that argument. I think you would see my point as valid if you recognize that there are differences in taste based on the region. People around here probably wouldn't like much "New York" rap, just like people in the Northeast may not like most Houston/New Orleans/Memphis rap. For instance, screw is still damn big around Texas, but in other regions it isn't anywhere near as big. Heck, some people barely know it exists!
Yeah I don't know - I am from the midwest so I like to think of myself as unbiased. I like a lot of down south rap (especially a lot of older stuff, scarface, geto boys, UGK, facemob, 3-6 , and many others.

It's just the crap that is being put out lately such as ludicrap, TI (possibly worst of them all), chamillionaire, yung dro, yung joc (and all the other fucking 10 million yung's) lil scrappy, mike jones, paul wall, lil flip, so on so forth. Literally 90% of their lyrics consist of grillz, cars, and how much money they have - and while you will find that in all rap (east coast included) East Coast rap (most of it) goes beyond that shit consistently.

Nas was right when he said hip hop was dead - and it's that shit I listed above that's killing it. That and 50 cent.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Funkmasterr wrote:...yung dro, yung joc (and all the other fucking 10 million yung's)...

Nas was right when he said hip hop was dead - and it's that shit I listed above that's killing it. That and 50 cent.
It's funny that you mention these two things. I picked up Young Buck yesterday, and was impressed with several songs until he started rapping ABOUT 50 Cent and bringing "G-Unit" up several times. This is one of those CD's which will end up being gutted and burned onto a compilation disc.

I'm still regularly playing Three 6 Mafia's Most Known Unknowns, Pimp C's Pimpilation (2 disc set with 1 disc being the screwed and chopped version), UGK's Ridin' High, Lil Flip's I Need Mine (although I might end up compacting the 2 disc set onto one disc of the songs I can stand), and Lil Keke's Platinum in da Ghetto (Screwed Down version). I can't stand most TI music or any Ludacris stuff. They put out occasional songs which I can listen to once or twice (total) before I get sick of them.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:...yung dro, yung joc (and all the other fucking 10 million yung's)...

It's funny that you mention these two things. I picked up Young Buck yesterday, and was impressed with several songs until he started rapping ABOUT 50 Cent and bringing "G-Unit" up several times. This is one of those CD's which will end up being gutted and burned onto a compilation disc.

I'm still regularly playing Three 6 Mafia's Most Known Unknowns, Pimp C's Pimpilation (2 disc set with 1 disc being the screwed and chopped version), UGK's Ridin' High, Lil Flip's I Need Mine (although I might end up compacting the 2 disc set onto one disc of the songs I can stand), and Lil Keke's Platinum in da Ghetto (Screwed Down version). I can't stand most TI music or any Ludacris stuff. They put out occasional songs which I can listen to once or twice (total) before I get sick of them.
I am pretty much in 100% agreement with everything you said. Young Buck isn't bad, I might actually like him if his cd's weren't polluted with 50 cent and g g g g g g g g gg G UNOT. Seriously, you can listen to their music and tell where they just couldn't think of anything to say so they just throw another GG G G UNIT in.. pathetic.
Ogbar
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Greblaja

Post by Ogbar »

Somehow I think I'd prefer to hear Mick Jones, instead
Ogbar - a member of the Tiger's Roar retirement community
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Ogbar wrote:Somehow I think I'd prefer to hear Mick Jones, instead
Sweet!
StupidMcDupid
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by StupidMcDupid »

Funkmasterr wrote:Is there any particular reason you are riding chamillionaire's dick so damn hard? I won't even get into the fact that most rap from the south right now is a major contributor to hip hop being dead just like Nas said... I don't mind it once in a while, but for fucks sake I'm sick of hearing about grills and rims - NO ONE CARES..
have u even heard his music?? I know he did rap about that kind of shit when he was underground and was paul walls partner,but as soon as he went major he changed it up a little so it could sell.

His first Album went platinum and he Raps about things that happen in todays society,hes not like his former partner paul wall who only talks about swangers and 4'4s and sippin that lean.Chamillionaire's original,and i think hes the next best thing since Pac.

In the trunk-he calls his shots saying if anyone thinks they can beef with him then they will get murdered on their own track.In the song "No Snitchin"-He raps about that if u gonna stick around and want real G's to have your back when some shit goes down and u get caught then u know that snitching isnt tolerated.In "rain" he talks about the struggles that people from the hood go through trying to make something of themselves.In void in my life,he raps how his own life went when he struggles and how he showed everyone that doubted him that he overcame the critics. And on his new single "not a criminal" he reveals how the industry tries to get involved in their personal life and try to criticize how they live with no education.

So u can dog him all u want,but hes the best Talent out of the south who doesnt even need to curse to tell it how it is.And i cant wait for Ultimate Victory to come out so he will be closer to claiming himself as one of the elites in the game.

Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

The whole genre is fucking retarded. No one with a brain gives a fuck about some shitty ghetto lifestyle remix NWA did a thousand times better 20 years ago. I could pull a better song out of my hole in 5 minutes before listening to whatever modern day Hip Hop shitfest these mongoloid idiots hide under .

Please give me examples of something that's worth listening to. It's like these fucks just make songs so they can appear on MTV cribs where hopefully some sad little poverty stricken fucker will cream himself and sadly aspire to carry on the shitty tradition that is this genre instead of educating himself and getting a job the rest of the world gives a fuck about.

Only sleggin :)
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

What Nick said.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

StupidMcDupid wrote:have u even heard his music?? I know he did rap about that kind of shit when he was underground and was paul walls partner,but as soon as he went major he changed it up a little so it could sell.

His first Album went platinum and he Raps about things that happen in todays society,hes not like his former partner paul wall who only talks about swangers and 4'4s and sippin that lean.Chamillionaire's original,and i think hes the next best thing since Pac.

In the trunk-he calls his shots saying if anyone thinks they can beef with him then they will get murdered on their own track.In the song "No Snitchin"-He raps about that if u gonna stick around and want real G's to have your back when some shit goes down and u get caught then u know that snitching isnt tolerated.In "rain" he talks about the struggles that people from the hood go through trying to make something of themselves.In void in my life,he raps how his own life went when he struggles and how he showed everyone that doubted him that he overcame the critics. And on his new single "not a criminal" he reveals how the industry tries to get involved in their personal life and try to criticize how they live with no education.

So u can dog him all u want,but hes the best Talent out of the south who doesnt even need to curse to tell it how it is.And i cant wait for Ultimate Victory to come out so he will be closer to claiming himself as one of the elites in the game.
Thanks for taking his dick out of your mouth long enough to make that post.

Honest question.
How old are you?
Your profile says you're 20, but I can't believe you're older than 13 or 14.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

StupidMcDupid wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Is there any particular reason you are riding chamillionaire's dick so damn hard? I won't even get into the fact that most rap from the south right now is a major contributor to hip hop being dead just like Nas said... I don't mind it once in a while, but for fucks sake I'm sick of hearing about grills and rims - NO ONE CARES..
have u even heard his music?? I know he did rap about that kind of shit when he was underground and was paul walls partner,but as soon as he went major he changed it up a little so it could sell.

Yes, I have listened to his entire album and I liked maybe one song on it. Calling this guy the best talent out of the south is like T.I.'s faggot ass calling himself the king of the south - it's insulting and it's bullshit.

Chamillionaire is not now, nor will he ever be in the same league as people like Bun B, Pimp C, Scarface, Willie D, etc etc etc.

And nick, try not to be arrogant and ignorant like usual. Saying no one with a brain gives a fuck about modern rap/hip hop is ridiculous.

There is plenty of good stuff out there, you just can't listen to what's on MTV and then base you opinion of the entire genre off of that.

A few examples of stuff you might admit is good music:

Nas
The Roots
Any of the Wu-tang members solo stuff (raekwon, ghostface killa, method man)
The lox (Styles P/Jadakiss/Sheek Louch) - For something more hardcore than whats listed above but still good (I think)
You could even try some Jae Millz (had to do it.)
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Funkmasterr wrote:There is plenty of good stuff out there, you just can't listen to what's on MTV and then base you opinion of the entire genre off of that.
I think that's the key argument that everyone can agree on. If you're judging any style of music off of what's on MTV or VH1, you're doing yourself a disservice.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Dosen't hip hop make more money in sales than rock or heavy metal? I know pop is tops for cash, but I thought rap was right up there. I know country music slaughters metal in sales.

Anyway, rap is indeed a musical giant, like it or not. I listened to it when it was first introduced and continued well into the early 90's. I grew more in the direction with the Beastie Boys over the years. It's fun, not thug.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Dosen't hip hop make more money in sales than rock or heavy metal? I know pop is tops for cash, but I thought rap was right up there. I know country music slaughters metal in sales.

Anyway, rap is indeed a musical giant, like it or not. I listened to it when it was first introduced and continued well into the early 90's. I grew more in the direction with the Beastie Boys over the years. It's fun, not thug.
I don't have exact numbers and don't feel like looking for them, but I am pretty sure you are correct.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

There are numerous styles of rap the same as there are rock and jazz and country and anything you might want to listen to. Rock has Christian Rock and Metal and Stoner/Jam Rock and Progressive and Southern and a hundred other styles. Rap has "fun" stuff like the beasties and dance artists, thug/gangsta, southern (as well as east coast, west coast, midwest), underground/independent (which is a style in rap unto itself), nerdcore (sup stragi) and a hundred other styles.

Saying rap is shit because you don't like Mike Jones (or Chamillionaire or Young Jeezy or Jedi Mind Tricks or Aesop Rock or the Pharcyde or Heiroglyphics or Athletic Mic League or Will Smith or Jay Z or Tupac or Snoop or any one of a thousand other artists) is akin to saying rock is shit because you don't like Lynyrd Skynyrd (or the Black Crowes or Led Zeppelin or Slayer or Smashing Pumpkins or the Pixies or Iggy Pop or Pearl Jam or Pantera or Motley Crue or any one of a thousand other artists).

Different music appeals to different people, from the beat being one that gets your toes tapping to the lyrics being something you identify with to what was popular at certain times in your life to any of a million reasons. Two sides arguing about whether an artist is shit or not has about as much point as arguing which side of your bread to butter or whether Jesus or Mohammed is the right way to go.
Chamillionaire is not now, nor will he ever be in the same league as people like Bun B, Pimp C, Scarface, Willie D, etc etc etc.
That's an incorrect statement. A correct one might be "I will never consider him to be as good as..." but to utter that as a counterpoint to someone else's preference isn't a valid argument.

That said, Willie D is the worst fucking MC of all time (in my opinion). He may have had some skill in putting the Geto Boys together, and Scarface is the shit, but every Willie D verse that ever comes on makes me laugh at how ridiculous he is. He can barely speak english.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Only sleggin
=

Slang for "Only joking"

;)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Sylvus wrote:That said, Willie D is the worst fucking MC of all time (in my opinion). He may have had some skill in putting the Geto Boys together, and Scarface is the shit, but every Willie D verse that ever comes on makes me laugh at how ridiculous he is. He can barely speak english.
Scarface > Big Mike > Bushwick Bill > Willie D
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Nick wrote:
Only sleggin
=

Slang for "Only joking"

;)
I kind of figured that when I read your post, but wtf is sleggin short for?
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Boogahz wrote:
Nick wrote:
Only sleggin
=

Slang for "Only joking"

;)
I kind of figured that when I read your post, but wtf is sleggin short for?
It's not even a word on urbandictionary.com. That's the extent of my ghetto skilz.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I'll try and sum it up quickly as I've got a horrific load of coursework I should be doing ( :( )

sleggin = slagging = mocking = joking

It's serious Belfast gutterspeak, infamous for being such a horribly pronounced word to say.

:D
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:There are numerous styles of rap the same as there are rock and jazz and country and anything you might want to listen to. Rock has Christian Rock and Metal and Stoner/Jam Rock and Progressive and Southern and a hundred other styles. Rap has "fun" stuff like the beasties and dance artists, thug/gangsta, southern (as well as east coast, west coast, midwest), underground/independent (which is a style in rap unto itself), nerdcore (sup stragi) and a hundred other styles.

Saying rap is shit because you don't like Mike Jones (or Chamillionaire or Young Jeezy or Jedi Mind Tricks or Aesop Rock or the Pharcyde or Heiroglyphics or Athletic Mic League or Will Smith or Jay Z or Tupac or Snoop or any one of a thousand other artists) is akin to saying rock is shit because you don't like Lynyrd Skynyrd (or the Black Crowes or Led Zeppelin or Slayer or Smashing Pumpkins or the Pixies or Iggy Pop or Pearl Jam or Pantera or Motley Crue or any one of a thousand other artists).

Different music appeals to different people, from the beat being one that gets your toes tapping to the lyrics being something you identify with to what was popular at certain times in your life to any of a million reasons. Two sides arguing about whether an artist is shit or not has about as much point as arguing which side of your bread to butter or whether Jesus or Mohammed is the right way to go.

That's an incorrect statement. A correct one might be "I will never consider him to be as good as..." but to utter that as a counterpoint to someone else's preference isn't a valid argument.

That said, Willie D is the worst fucking MC of all time (in my opinion). He may have had some skill in putting the Geto Boys together, and Scarface is the shit, but every Willie D verse that ever comes on makes me laugh at how ridiculous he is. He can barely speak english.
I am going to go ahead and disagree - considering the content of his music it would be absolutely insulting to put him in the same league as them. I don't know how anyone that has been around to see the early days of rap and how it has developed, and who has influenced it could say that he is anything more than garbage.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Sylvus wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Chamillionaire is not now, nor will he ever be in the same league as people like Bun B, Pimp C, Scarface, Willie D, etc etc etc.
I am going to go ahead and disagree - considering the content of his music it would be absolutely insulting to put him in the same league as them.
Swing and a miss.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Leonaerd wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
Sylvus wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Chamillionaire is not now, nor will he ever be in the same league as people like Bun B, Pimp C, Scarface, Willie D, etc etc etc.
I am going to go ahead and disagree - considering the content of his music it would be absolutely insulting to put him in the same league as them.
Swing and a miss.
The story of your life, eh?
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I don't get it.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Mike Jones

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

No matter what you say about most rappers, you cant deny that Three Six Mafia is good. 75% of the rap I listen to is Three Six. I do like some Chamillionaire, Akon, Young Joc, etc. though.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

I'll go ahead and deny it. They suck
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Ludacris and Chamillionaire put on a free concert at OSU a few weeks ago. Live Chamillionare was pretty good, though I think his music is generally shit. Ludacris, of course, was great.
Fuck Michigan!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Luda is better fit as a comedian IMO. I don't listen to rap to hear some guy goof off and make jokes, and that is the majority of what he does in his music. I will admit I do like a few songs of his here and there, and I think his newest cd was an improvement for him (cut way back on the stupid goofy silly shit), and I will not deny the guy puts a ton of energy into performing.. But I just don't like him. And Chamillionaire is still mediocre at best, nothing has changed there.